Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

HUand Misc. Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 10:59 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default HUand Misc. Questions

I know this is very generic, but I got my mischevious mind going the other night and was wondering...
...what are your opinions/experiences on the best bang-for-the-buck head unit out there? I'm not looking for DVD or anything like that, just a simple, easy to use HU (preferably with ***** for volume adjustment as opposed to up and down buttons) with decent power.

On to the misc. questions...
...can I use the extra power port (the two below and to the right of the ashtray) as a power source for an amp, or does it need to be hooked up through the HU?

If I have two different speaker sizes; say two 8 or 10's and a couple 6 x 9 or 4" rounds, can I put them all in the same box if they're in seperate compartments?

Just trying to do some preliminary research before I get in too deep here...
...thanks for the help in advance!

Old 05-02-2007, 12:57 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: HUand Misc. Questions

Pioneer, JVC, Eclipse and Alpine make great HU's. Give us a price range, and we'll come up with some options. On the Amp, you will need to hook it up to the HU for the turn-on for the amp, and the battery for main power. There is a hole in the firewall above pass feet right behind the top of the carpet.

Yes, youca nput different size speakers in the same box with seperate compartments, but why would you want to???

Old 05-02-2007, 01:13 AM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

I love my Kenwood head unit. I think its model number is a KDC 4028, its 2 years old and I havent had a problem with it yet. It has the 3 sets of outputs and the hook up for Satalite radio/MP3 player hook up. I think it cost me $170 or something around that.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:58 AM
Mr Blazer LT is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are willing to spend around 200-250 bucks then i highly recommend panasonic. Mine has front, rear, and sub outswith aux in, 5 volt preamp outputs,nice 9 band equalizer, built in high/low pass filters, 25 watts rms, newer ones with ipod control, and many of its featuresadjusted with volume ****.

Some of Pioneers newer decks have a good sized rotary **** that controls most of its functions also.