Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

I was bored... Did something different...

Old 03-30-2015, 08:49 AM
Starting Member
midnightmekanik is on a distinguished road
Default I was bored... Did something different...

So I was bored the other night. Had a night off work, the family was all in bed by 9:30 lol so I had time to kill.

I had an iPod holster (the type that has a suction cup to hold it to the windscreen), a USB charging adapter (lighter socket type), the original delco deck that was in my truck, lots of electronic bits, and too much coffee

Over the course of the night I frankensteined everything together to make a factory radio that has the holster protruding from the deck, with dual usb charging ports, and an AUX in ports.

I will take pics, truck is out with the wife right now.

Unfortunately I didn't take pics while I was doing it, but it's pretty easy and straightforward if some one were to do it.

It actually works very well considering it was just thrown together, and it beats having a useless tape deck...

Old 04-02-2015, 06:56 PM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

Tape deck? As in 8 track? Those are really hard to come by.

Old 04-06-2015, 10:02 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by LeWhite View Post
Tape deck? As in 8 track? Those are really hard to come by.
No LOL

If it was an 8 track I would have left it just for old guy cool factors lol

Cassette deck. Unfortunately I have been bed ridden for the past week, so I haven't been out to take pics.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:35 AM
Starting Member

A couple pics of the finished product. In hindsight, I should have peeled the face veneer off to avoid the rough looking bits where I cut out the cassette player area, and I will have to take it out again to install a ferrite on the power wires to the USB, also shield the audio wires. It makes a bit of noise when the USB is charging the ipod, not terrible, but enough to notice. I may create a better solution to have it more contained and compact, but it works well.

Attached Thumbnails I was bored... Did something different...-2qwo0m0.jpg   I was bored... Did something different...-2m6jyjb.jpg