Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

i need blazer help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 09:04 PM
mogley99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i need blazer help!!!

i just bought a99 s10 blazer and i cant figure out how to use the headlights manually, they come on automatically. ive had people tell me to hit the dome overide button 5 times and they would go out. no luck. also does any one know about the theft lock on the stereo, when its set i guess the small red light on the dash is suppose to flash, every 3 seconds or so to act as some kind of security system. thanks, ihope someone out there can help me.

Old 03-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Crisco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: i need blazer help!!!

there should be a switch on theleft side of your dash

Old 03-02-2007, 09:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I believe you press the dome override 3 times to disable the automatic headlights. To permanently disable them, you can put in a resistor that mimics daylight to the BCM. If you run a search, you'll find more information about the daytime running lights and auto lights.

For the theftlock, I wouldn't suggest you activate it. It doesn't really act as a security system, it just locks the stereo to your vehicle. Basically making it useless to someone if they were to steal it. But why steal a stock stereo...

Old 03-02-2007, 10:47 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

For the theftlock, I wouldn't suggest you activate it. It doesn't really act as a security system, it just locks the stereo to your vehicle. Basically making it useless to someone if they were to steal it. But why steal a stock stereo...
no wonder my little theft lock light dosen't do anything....I have an aftermarket radio...it all makes sense now.....as for mogley99...you have to hit it fast....(couple of times) if you hit the dome over ride slow it doesn't work......that's what I have found that works!

Old 03-03-2007, 12:06 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, its something like 3 times in 5 seconds or so...

Old 03-03-2007, 12:08 AM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

I just keep hitting it until they go out...(works great at night)

Old 03-03-2007, 02:06 AM
speeddemon560 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea, one night I was driving and I was messing with that button and I pressed it rapidly in a few seconds and all the lights went off. I was shocked because I didn't know that was possible.

Old 03-03-2007, 02:34 PM
Kordog is an unknown quantity at this point

I have found that if you put on the parking brake, that after a little bit they will go out also. I just don't recomend drining with the parking brake on!!! I was on the side of the road reading a map, when my lights just went out!! And yes I always use my parking brake, as soon as I put it in 'P' the brake goes on!!! Korey

Old 03-03-2007, 09:50 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

wow!!!! i always wondered how to shut them off....this should be a sticky [8D]

Old 03-04-2007, 11:30 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

You can drive with the parking brake on 1 click, and the brakes themselves will not engage, and just the light will come on (it's how I disabled the DRL's on my old Z34)

If you're in Canada, you can NOT turn off the automatic headlights (at least in any GM truck I've driven, that's newer than 2000, even on trucks equipped with the "A" function on the light switch, you can NOT turn that switch to "Off"), without using the resistor mod on the light sensor. The e-brake trick might work, but if the Blazer is anything like the last 2007 Silverado Classic I drove, as soon as the 30km/h mark or whenever the truck automatically locks the doors from movement speed, the lights will come on...

Quick Reply: i need blazer help!!!