Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

I need more volume...

Old 04-21-2007, 02:55 AM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I need more volume...

It seems like I get almost no volume out of the rear speakers. I know part of it is because one side doesnt even work but the other I can never hear unless I turn the fade to the rear speakers. Would aftermarket speakers solve this problem or is that just the way it is going to sound since there are 4 speakers in the front (door and dash)?

Old 04-21-2007, 03:25 AM
JST4SHO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: I need more volume...

I have Polks in all my doors and stock tweeters ini the dash and an infinty basslink and my doors pound. So much that when I have time next, I gotta fatmat them or sumthin to lessen the rattles.

Old 04-21-2007, 04:20 AM
joshua is an unknown quantity at this point

I have all aftermarket speakers except the tweeters, and I've found that the sweet spot for fading is about 30% more to the rear. You're naturally going to get louder, better sounding bass from 6x9's, and the tweeters are pretty efficient with power anyway.

Old 04-21-2007, 04:37 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

look for a speaker with a high sensitivety......will get louder with less power. 90+db at 1 watt or higher.

the factory 6x9's are a joke....my sis's old 91 cavvys stock by9's sound better than mine.

Old 04-21-2007, 09:59 AM

ORIGINAL: blazinloud

look for a speaker with a high sensitivety......will get louder with less power. 90+db at 1 watt or higher.
Thanks I didnt know that. I decided Im going to buy some 6 1/2" for the rear doors since Im already going to have to take the doors apart to get the other one working.

What are you all talking about 6 x 9s? I was under the assumption that the Blazers (99 like mine) have 6 1/2s all around.

Old 04-21-2007, 12:03 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

if urs is a 4 door they are 6 1/2s all the way around...best bet is do what you said and completely replace those speakers. get a set of coaxials for the rear....it will sound awsome.

Old 04-21-2007, 01:51 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

better yet find a set of Jensen Triaxials... make sure they are 4ohm because thats what the factory speakers are.

Old 04-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

I would not recommend Jensen to anyone, crappy build quality. I just pulled some out of a customers car, had been in for 6 months,(he had receipt) and they had already detoriated enough that the cone was seperating from the spider.

Old 04-21-2007, 05:13 PM

ORIGINAL: hillbillyinOhio

I would not recommend Jensen to anyone, crappy build quality. I just pulled some out of a customers car, had been in for 6 months,(he had receipt) and they had already detoriated enough that the cone was seperating from the spider.
Dont worry I wont waste my money on them.....

Old 04-22-2007, 12:13 AM
bigjsp is an unknown quantity at this point

are youstill running the factory head unit?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I need more volume...