Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

i pod mount

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 08:06 PM
sorrymissfofo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i pod mount

i bought a pioner head unit a while ago. and the wire that connects it to my ipod is in my glove comparment. i was wondering where other people had theres cuz i get kinda tired of opening my glove box and getting in out and putting it back in and was just curious where any one else had theres mounted.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:18 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: i pod mount

My MP3 playeris velcro'd to the dash trim panel...

Old 09-12-2007, 11:47 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

I just lay mine in the tray on the center console infront of the cassette player, just run the wire down around the back side of the ashtray area.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:24 AM
Mr Blazer LT is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a Minidisc player and a SIRIUS radio; both are left in that tray also. You can get Ipod holders that will fit in a drink holder, get some velcro and mount it somewhere, or possibly get a kit that mounts it to an air vent or something.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:12 PM
FirehawkNS is an unknown quantity at this point

I installed an Alpine unit that is an Ipod controller, ran the plug from the back of the unit down through the ash tray (took out the ash tray tray), the Ipod fits perfectly in theslot left where the tray slides inand I can simply keepthe lidclosed in there since I control it with the HU.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:52 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: Mr Blazer LT

I have a Minidisc player and a SIRIUS radio; both are left in that tray also. You can get Ipod holders that will fit in a drink holder, get some velcro and mount it somewhere, or possibly get a kit that mounts it to an air vent or something.
Minidisc! Wow! That's something I haven't heard in a long time! lol

Old 09-13-2007, 06:45 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: FirehawkNS

I installed an Alpine unit that is an Ipod controller, ran the plug from the back of the unit down through the ash tray (took out the ash tray tray), the Ipod fits perfectly in theslot left where the tray slides inand I can simply keepthe lidclosed in there since I control it with the HU.
Yeah once I get my new headunit installed I am going to be running my cables through there and then store it in there, but since the headunit isnt a ipod control one (just RCA in's) I will just pull it out and use it then.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:36 PM

ORIGINAL: drperry

ORIGINAL: Mr Blazer LT

Minidisc! Wow! That's something I haven't heard in a long time! lol
Ha ha, yeah. I can't let go of the Minidisc technology.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:15 AM
BF Veteran

Minidisc had cd or higher quality music... It was just too expensive and time consuming to record to compared to cd's, so it didn't take, lol.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:55 PM

Yeah, true. However its been the most reliable of my portable electronics (the old skool way.) I've had terrible luck with MP3 players and even the quicker NetMD over the past few years so I stick with this. Plusthe stuff can be found for cheap (to me anyway)since most of everyone else prefers the MP3 world so I can't complain.

Quick Reply: i pod mount