Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Im lost. Whats this do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 02:58 PM
S1ck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Im lost. Whats this do?

So this has been bothering me for a while. Cant figure out what its for. I would think its a switch for an alarm, but I dont even think I have an alarm in my car? Im afraid to press it. Ill include a picture. Its an aftermarket button, mounted under the driver's dash. Says RALLY on it.

Sorry the pics sideways.
[IMG]local://upfiles/8965/719A5CC1118A459497EB2288EE076E83.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-26-2008, 03:04 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Im lost. Whats this do?

Looks like it might be some switch for lights. Otherwise I am not sure what it is. I would push it when the truck is not moving.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:06 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Some kind of lighting switch or a switch for something...

Old 02-26-2008, 03:15 PM

There are aftermarket fog lights in the car, but theres another switch for them right near that one. The fogs havnt worked since I got the truck. The only other thing I could possibly think of is there was a cd changer in the back that I took out, maybe some power for it or something? Its really bugging me but I dont want to take it out without knowing what it does.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:18 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Follow the wiring if you really want to find out.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:20 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

PRESS IT!

you could just try tracing the wires back and see where they come from.

however, i would not press it while in motion or even when the truck is on for that matter, i have a B&M ShiftPlus module that has a 3way switch on it. you can change the postion of the switch to increase (or decrease) shift firmness. the instructions that came with it expicitly stated DO NOT PRESS BUTTON WHEN ENGINE IS RUNNING...

Old 02-26-2008, 03:35 PM
RedXBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

thats a switch for rally brand foglights sold at walmart it comes with the lights in the kit i just installed 2 sets of those on the company trucks ok lights i guess if you dont mind replacing the bulbs a lot but its not my money to get the lightbulbs all the time

Old 02-26-2008, 03:44 PM

Ok. So im going to guess its for the fogs. Ill figure it out when its not raining. If thats for the fogs, when whats the PIAA switch thats hanging under my dash? I guess ill trace that too when it stops raining. I have no offroad lights on the truck.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:27 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

It probably used to have offroad lights.

They might be wired to only turn on when the headlights are on.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:38 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

If he had PIAA lights, I'm sure he kept those when he sold the vehicle, just left the switch cause he didn't want to pull the wires.

Quick Reply: Im lost. Whats this do?