Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Im new and completely baffled

Old 02-24-2007, 12:31 AM
bkabina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Im new and completely baffled

I have a 96 s10 blazer 4 door 4x4 with 4.3 vtech.
I am having issues with my headlights.It started with the high beams but now the low beams as well.After the lights are on for a few minutes they will start flashing on and off,High beams are worse than the low beams.It only takes a few minutes after the lights have been turned on but it used to take about 20 minutes bofore they would start flashing.
I have done a search on here and on the net and have not found a fix.
I checked the grounds and they are good.
I checked they Relays in the glove box and they are good.
I thought it was the combination turn signal dimmer switch and have tryed 3 of those and it still does it.
Could it be the on off switch for the lights?Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Please help and Thanks...

Old 02-24-2007, 12:40 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Im new and completely baffled

Welcome to the forum.
The relay could be working because the lights work but it could be weak and start to fail when it gets warm. You could check for loose grounds which can cause excessive heat to build up.
These are only guesses and hopefully someone else has experienced this problem and can give you a better answer, you might just have to wait a day or so.
Good luck.

Old 02-24-2007, 12:47 AM

Thanks.The Realys and grounds are good.Those are the first things I checked.I even replaced the relays and tryed it.
I am going nuts trying to figure this out.I hate electrical issues.

Old 02-25-2007, 05:00 AM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have the computer scanned for codes it might indicate which circuit the problem might be occuring in, it is possible the computer has a code set. Try Autozone because they do it for free, but this problem might be more than their scanners would handle and you might check with the factory dealership to see what it would cost to scan your car to find the problem usually might have to pay a diagnostic fee equal to a specified amount....don't know what that would be so call ahead....

Old 02-25-2007, 05:00 AM

Any body got any more ideas?I guess tomorrow I will buy a new on/off switch and give that a try.

The dealer said it can't be scaned.The problem woulnt show a code,basically they would be doing a process of elimination like I am .

Old 02-25-2007, 08:41 AM
Rammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like you have a short somewhere. A bad switch, a wire with the insulation worn off, etc.