Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Installing Double Din Tv in 97 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 08:30 PM
slicknick032107 is on a distinguished road
Default Installing Double Din Tv in 97 Blazer

Hello,
This is my last hope. I've been looking everywhere for a double din mount for my 97 blazer and have had no luck at all. I've even called crutchfield and they told me the space wasn't big enough for a double tv which is WRONG and I'm getting angry with it. I have measured the hole in my dash where the radio is and it is 8.5 in by 5.75 in. This is the whole area not just where the factory radio was. With the storage area still installed its around 8.5 in by 4.5 in. There's plenty enough room for a double din radio and I cannot seem to find a dash kit and am not calling another sales person for them to tell me my dash isn't big enough to house my new tv. Please tell me someone can help me or I'm going to ride around with my tv sitting in my dash. Thx n advance

Last edited by slicknick032107; 05-02-2010 at 08:40 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-02-2010, 08:56 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn, I can't find the link. But I have seen people using the dash panel from a Oldsmobile Bravada to get a opening big enough for a Double Din. And then just fab up a support bracket for it. It looks clean and can't tell that the dash piece wasn't made for the blazer.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:22 PM

The opening where to factory radio is big enough for the double din tv I just need the mount so its not moving around in there. I've seen a couple threads on here where people have used 03+ mounts in the 98 blazers but the 97 dash is different and i dont want to waste money trying things out.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:36 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

I know my truck, a 2004, has the double din opening. I know you can make it fit in the hole for the radio but, its going to be custom fabricating because there aren't any kits out there. its not hard to fab one up on your own, its just a little work involved.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:43 AM

http://www.qualitymobilevideo.com/99-3043g.aspx

this says it's for double din install in a 95-97. I don't know how reputable the store is but maybe you could find that kit from the manufacture or another site? I hear ya on the dash panel thing. I know what it's like to not have kits made for your vehicle. I can't find alot of things for my 1st gen. Well keep trying till we get it.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:42 AM

Yea I saw that dash kit but if you look at the details it says din and not double din I think the title is wrong. I ordered another dash kit for an 03 explorer for double din it has the mounting brackets on the top just like in my blazer so I'm going to try and make it work if not there's a shop in two that will make me a mount for $100 which will be worth it to have my tv in my truck.

Old 05-04-2010, 06:36 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

why don't you try and do it yourself? it shouldn't cost you that much if you try. worst case scenario you try, fail, and buy it from the local

Old 05-06-2010, 12:50 AM

Hope it works and post pics if it does. So we can spread the word of your discovery and make you a legend. lol

Old 05-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Default Project Double Din

OK I bought a double din install kit for a 03 Ford Explorer due to the mounts for the kit where on top just like the mounts for my truck and it seems to look like its going to work with a little filler pieces here and there. I have two pics of just a test fit to see what i need to do to make it work. My TV will be coming in Tuesday and I'm going to work on it today so I can through it in when the tv gets here.

Attached Thumbnails Installing Double Din Tv in 97 Blazer-dash-din.jpg   Installing Double Din Tv in 97 Blazer-din-2.jpg  
Old 05-10-2010, 02:23 AM

Cool beans. Glad I was of no help what so ever. lol! Really though if it works you should do a write up with pics and submit it in the how to scetion. Or see if the mods would make it a stickey in the audio/visual section. I've never heard of using the Exploder kit.

Quick Reply: Installing Double Din Tv in 97 Blazer