Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

kicker subs

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 10:46 PM
Beginning Member
Black 1998 Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default kicker subs

what do you guys think about the kicker 15" L7's thinking about upgrading to these.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:11 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future
Default RE: kicker subs

upgrading from what? i personally think they dont sound very good

Old 11-20-2008, 04:04 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

Kicker is good for being loud and sloppy. That is it. I wouldnt call it an upgrade from anything. But then again, Im anti SPL

Old 11-20-2008, 08:29 PM
vin791 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have one cvx 10 and it sounds awesome. its really loud and punchy. kicker square subs are loud and sloppy, but only when you put them in a ported enclosure. my cvx (round l7)sounds great, and its in a sealed enclosure.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:39 PM
Beginning Member

i have 2 12" comps not that great but sounds pretty good....what do you guys recomend need something not too pricy

Old 11-21-2008, 12:40 AM
vin791 is an unknown quantity at this point

i bought my cvx used off ebay for 75 w/ a box and 2 channel amp. ditched the box and amp for better equipment, but that was a hell of a deal. i think fosgate p2s sound pretty good especially running off a p-100 amp.

Old 11-21-2008, 06:46 AM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

the term "sound good" is all relative on a forum. You have to find what sounds good to YOU. First you ahve to define what "sounds good" means to you. Most people mistake sounding good for just being loud. Im a SQ IASCA judge, so sounding good to me mans that the sub is able to accurately reproduce the bass the way the original artist intended it to.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:21 AM
Beginning Member

ORIGINAL: bobditts

the term "sound good" is all relative on a forum. You have to find what sounds good to YOU. First you ahve to define what "sounds good" means to you. Most people mistake sounding good for just being loud. Im a SQ IASCA judge, so sounding good to me mans that the sub is able to accurately reproduce the bass the way the original artist intended it to.
well what would you suggest then. i am looking at 1 maybe 2 15".

Old 11-21-2008, 09:40 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: Black 1998 Blazer

ORIGINAL: bobditts

well what would you suggest then. i am looking at 1 maybe 2 15".
I had a single SI Mag 15 ina ported t-line enclosure and it sounded amazing.not rediculously loud but very good sounding on a small amount of power.

Bob, i didnt know you were an IASCA judge. Thats cool

Old 12-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Starting Member
pimpinblazer91 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a single SI Mag 15 ina ported t-line enclosure and it sounded amazing.not rediculously loud but very good sounding on a small amount of power.

jagblazer01 most of the people on these forums dont even know what a t line box is nor a si mag

Quick Reply: kicker subs