Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Kicker vs. Fosgate

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 09:02 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default Kicker vs. Fosgate

I have an option to switch subs..... but I wanna know which is better.... The Kicker Comp VR 10" or the Rockford Fosgate Punch Stage 2 10"........ there will be two and they will each be on about .9 cubic feet of air volume..... and on a 500W amp......... Give me your opinion so i'll know what might be a good idea... Kicker or Fosgate?

Old 11-15-2006, 09:12 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Kicker vs. Fosgate

i dunno, i heard rockfords punch series cones are prone to cracking.....prolly more likely in a cold climate. 1500 peak, so were talkin 750 rms? I bet the rockfords would be louder. I'm not a big fan of kickers subs.....the stage 2 is alot beefier, and looks to be built solid, aside from the cone problem.

Old 11-15-2006, 09:22 PM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about

Comp VR they can take a nice pounding and fosgate sucks. I learned that fast. Dont get the punch series period lol

Old 11-15-2006, 10:23 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

fosgate sucks??? the power series are sick!!!!! not to mention there amps......VR's are old skool now......not to mention there horridly ugly......i mean, why make a cone look like **** for no apparent reason......smooth cone with no dust cap is as sexy as it gets.....

Old 11-15-2006, 10:44 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

See... i bought the punch subs because I got a really good price on them.... but the faces are discoloring and the foam around one sub has developed a hole..... The comp VR's have recently been redesigned (dunno if y'all knew that or not) but I can get them buy one get one free for $129. . . . I loved the fosgates when I got em but they are losing sound quality.. not that satisfied. . . I have a buddy with two comp vr's in a silverado on 250watts.... it totally beats the hell out of my puch subs on 500..... dunno why, anyways... i'm anxious to hear more about this.. I knoow you stereo nuts will have more to say. . . I need to make a decision soon.... keep the fosgates or buy the kickers?

so how bout this.... which of the three is best,....

Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1 http://www.crutchfield.com/S-kaanbCD...sp?I=108PER101

Kicker Comp VR http://www.crutchfield.com/S-kaanbCD...=520&s=0&cc=01

Rockford Fosgate Punch 2 http://www.crutchfield.com/S-kaanbCD...=520&s=0&cc=01

Old 11-16-2006, 12:00 AM
BF Veteran

ORIGINAL: blazinloud

fosgate sucks??? the power series are sick!!!!! not to mention there amps......VR's are old skool now......not to mention there horridly ugly......i mean, why make a cone look like **** for no apparent reason......smooth cone with no dust cap is as sexy as it gets.....
the quality and build quality blow ******* straight up.

I've had experience with the punch series all cept the stage 1's

2 was decent but still sucked

3 was HELL. F THAT SH**!

Power series is good.

VR's will blow the rockford P2 out of the water trust me. Not so much on the SQ side but the VR will **** and sound decent doin it.

I'd still do the VR over ther kappa and P2

Old 11-16-2006, 12:42 AM

check the numbers and let me know... im ordering tomorrow....
Comparison

Old 11-16-2006, 02:03 AM
BF Veteran

Fosgate= HELL NO

It's mainly between the Kappa and the VR

Now this is where it gets technical.

RMS/Peak and what people are doign with them.

Do some research on www.realmofexcursion.com

Watch the vids for both. Just click the video section.

I mean its really up to you on this bro. Dont let us choose for you We're not the ones that will be hearing it for awhile ya know?

I for a fact know the VR will get loud for you. That's why im suggesting it. Just check out the videos and that should help ALOT

Old 11-16-2006, 02:20 AM

Thanks for the link man... very helpful.... I want something to hit hard and be very clear bass through mid and low range.. I also want to be heard coming down the road and be able to impress a few folks where needed...... but once again, I want clear, undistorted bass (better than the fosgate).... I dont know what all the technical info means so judging by that, which will give me what I described?

Old 11-16-2006, 02:30 AM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

What amp do you have? make, model number?

Quick Reply: Kicker vs. Fosgate