Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Kicker vs. Fosgate

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 02:36 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default RE: Kicker vs. Fosgate

umm... its 500w total power i think... now i know that doesnt mean it pushes 500watts.. constantly... i think it is a fosgate punch 5002?? im pretty sure.......

Old 11-16-2006, 02:41 AM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about

That sounds about right the 500 2 channel so your gonna be pushing 250 to each if you wire to 2 ohms. DONT DIP IT TO 1 OHM!

i have to say that cause people do it anyway [&:]

Now. With that power I would DEFINETLY get the VR cause it has a nice efficieny and from what your saying it seems like you want people know be like =-O OH DAMN!

The VR in a ported box will do wonders for you.

Thats another main thing. Are you doing a ported or sealed box?

Old 11-16-2006, 02:43 AM
mikeywaynebygod is an unknown quantity at this point

you know, i've been bangin' since about 01 or 02 and i've never owned a rockford fosgate sub. a friend of mine had a 10 power series and it totally sucked ***. my friend has 2 12" kicker comp vr's on a power acoustik 620? i think. he f'n kills those subs man, they take a pounding. i myself have had nothing but bad luck with kicker subs. i had 2 kicker L7's that blew within a week apart and had a L5 that blew not long after. i don't know if the zr1000 was putting out too much power for the subs or what, but gah, it ran into alot of money, quick. i would say go with the kickers.

Old 11-16-2006, 02:45 AM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Like this one??

Reason being you need to get subs with the right voice coil config to match the amp.

Old 11-16-2006, 02:47 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

i've got a sealed box already... the one in my photo gallery..... just swapping subs.... whats the difference between 2 ohms and 4 ohms.... check out my amp and tell me what I need to sound the best... I know nothing about the numbers, just how to install them...
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...n_US&p_status=

What comp vr will work the best with my amp.... the 2 ohm or the 4 ohm and if it can be summed up pretty quick, whats the difference?

Old 11-16-2006, 02:48 AM
BF Veteran

Ah he can wire it up to be 2 ohms...i think.... I have to check my calculator on that one lol.

Do a combination of series and parallel.... ya know?

Old 11-16-2006, 02:51 AM

so im officially confused...lol

Old 11-16-2006, 02:51 AM
mikeywaynebygod is an unknown quantity at this point

gotta love ohms law

Old 11-16-2006, 02:53 AM
BF Veteran

Lol I'll gladly help ya through that when it comes along dude. I got your back.

I mean

Hell im a mod! i have to help [8D] lol.

I posted on my car audio forum to help make things easier so we'll see there responses also.

Old 11-16-2006, 02:53 AM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

I would guess that your current subs are maybe single 4 ohm coils. Probably have 1 sub wired to each channel? I know that the old punch amps could be wired down lower than stated, but I'm not too sure about the new ones. I wouldn't go ordering subs till you know for sure what subs you can use to get the most out of your amp.

Quick Reply: Kicker vs. Fosgate