Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Late model power wire question

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 04:38 PM
HCCAFan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Late model power wire question

Where did you run your power and/or ground through from the battery? I am used to running it underneath of my trucks but have never done a Blazer before and at first glace I didn't see anything easy to get two big fat peices of 0 gauge through.

Old 02-24-2006, 05:36 PM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Late model power wire question

In my car I ran mine through a hole in the steering wheel boot.

Old 02-24-2006, 06:52 PM

KK. I will go check that out. Thanks. Anyone else? BTW its a 2005 4 door 4x4 if that helps.

Old 02-24-2006, 10:53 PM
Binz316 is an unknown quantity at this point

drilled through the firewall

Old 02-25-2006, 01:45 AM

I found nothing by the steering wheel but did find a rubber plug with small black wire coming through right in front of the passengers feet. It was big enough to get one piece of 0 gauge through and then I pounded it out big enough for both 0 gauge wires. Now I just hope it doesnt cut the cables.

Old 02-25-2006, 01:52 AM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road

I found nothing by the steering wheel but did find a rubber plug with small black wire coming through right in front of the passengers feet. It was big enough to get one piece of 0 gauge through and then I pounded it out big enough for both 0 gauge wires. Now I just hope it doesnt cut the cables.
I would tape the wires where they pass through. Vibrations may cause the insulation to get damaged and blow a fuse/breaker.

Old 02-25-2006, 05:58 AM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck trying to hide those wires. i cant even hardly hide 1 run of 2awg. if i was u, id have just run them underneith in flex conduit. then ran them up into the rear wheel well.

Old 02-25-2006, 11:15 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

run them inside your paneling and underneather your door sill. the drill through the firewall and put some kind of boot around it to avoid cutting the wire in anyway. this is how we ran the wires in my buddy's ranger

Old 02-25-2006, 02:13 PM
cherryred4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

I used a Unibit to drill to the right size, then used a grommit to run the wire through the firewall. Then run it down to your door sill, the plastic plates come up real easy, then just run your wire under the carpet to the back. I had to remove two bolts from my back seat bracket to get the wire through to where I wanted it.

Old 02-25-2006, 05:22 PM

Where did you guys find grommets for the wire? Running it under the door sills is not an option lol. The speaker wire to my components is all that will fit under there let alone some massive 0 gauge. How I am gonna hide this stuff has been giving me a headache and the damn rain that won't stop is only pissing me off more.

Quick Reply: Late model power wire question