Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Late model power wire question

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 09:35 PM
HCCAFan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Late model power wire question

I hid it man....Well till you get behind the front seats anyway. I could hide that too but then I'd probably have to pull the carpet up and I just ain't down with doing that in my apartment parking lot, especially when I get every ******* passing by coming by my truck going "Yo how many watts you pushin" or "What you gonna put in here?". Anyways all I did was unbolt the center console which conviniently runs all the way to the dash, put the wires under it, and then bolted it back down. I mean if you were to put your head under the dash you could see them but not in plain sight.

Old 02-27-2006, 10:16 PM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: HCCAFan

I hid it man....Well till you get behind the front seats anyway. I could hide that too but then I'd probably have to pull the carpet up and I just ain't down with doing that in my apartment parking lot, especially when I get every ******* passing by coming by my truck going "Yo how many watts you pushin" or "What you gonna put in here?". Anyways all I did was unbolt the center console which conviniently runs all the way to the dash, put the wires under it, and then bolted it back down. I mean if you were to put your head under the dash you could see them but not in plain sight.
well what did u do after the console?thats my point. theres really no way to hide the wires, your gonna have a huge bulge in the carpet...unless you got that flat wire buy stinger i think.

Old 03-01-2006, 01:52 AM

I don't mind the foot or so you can see of wire in the back seat. It runs right on that hump, looks kinda pretty, and I can't see it from my seat. On the rare occasion anyone does ride back there I believe they will be in so much awe over what 500 RMS watts on a 6.5 sounds like to complain about wire. I am thouroughly impressed myself.

Old 03-01-2006, 07:00 PM

well if you dont care it showing, then congrats on running it. im planning on upgrading to some 0awg eventually. actually, i already bought some, im just too lazy to put it in. but im def running it under the truck. i just did a run under my boys car not too long ago and it was easy as hell.

Old 03-01-2006, 09:10 PM

Man, where did you get it? I'd like to point out that knukonceptz.com has it for 2.35 a foot where all the local shops quoted me anywhere from 4-6 dollars a foot. I bought 42 feet from Knu and they had it to me in 2 days.

Old 03-02-2006, 12:58 AM

i bought it used from a guy at caraudio.com. hell its used, but its enough length and wire is wire no matter what, lol. so i only ended up payng $50-55 shipped. hell of a deal. and knu koncepts has good stuff (if u havent run anything from them). i bought 1 4-ch and 1 2-ch set of there top of th eline rcas (forget the name...krystal cable maybe). theyre excellent wires and were so damn cheap.

Old 03-02-2006, 11:14 AM

Yeah I ordered a piece of the 1 meter RCA cable to run from the HU to the EQ and it seems pretty nice. My only gripe is the GM side mount battery posts they sell are way too long to go in my GM installed battery. I don't know if they will work in a good battery or not but you'd have to use a few washers to make them work in that Delco crap.

Old 03-03-2006, 03:33 AM

Yeah I ordered a piece of the 1 meter RCA cable to run from the HU to the EQ and it seems pretty nice. My only gripe is the GM side mount battery posts they sell are way too long to go in my GM installed battery. I don't know if they will work in a good battery or not but you'd have to use a few washers to make them work in that Delco crap.
nah man, dont use side mount, get a different bat. side mount posts are horrible. theyre a pain in the *** to do anything with and they often have crappy connections that easily get corroded. buy an optima with side and top. my YT has both and i use side for the main car functions and the tops for my amps and big 3 upgrade.

and yeah, im def using Knu from now on (as long as they dont jack up the prices too much over time). they are excellent at keeping out noise and damn are they durable, lol.

Old 03-03-2006, 03:38 PM

I really wish Enersys Oddyssey batteries had both top and side mount but they don't. I know I want to run them in the back and I don't want to mix and match but I like the convenience of Optima top and side mount. It's a hard call and I'm hopin by the time I get my subs maybe Enersys will have made a dual post.

Old 03-03-2006, 04:46 PM

I really wish Enersys Oddyssey batteries had both top and side mount but they don't. I know I want to run them in the back and I don't want to mix and match but I like the convenience of Optima top and side mount. It's a hard call and I'm hopin by the time I get my subs maybe Enersys will have made a dual post.
yeah, having dual posts is almost a must have if your gonna be running a **** ton of 0awg around in the bay. i couldnt imagine haveing only side posts with what i got. i seriously dont even think it'd be possible

Quick Reply: Late model power wire question