Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

LED wiring

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 03:10 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough
Default LED wiring

i am trying to hook some LED's up to come on with the dome light. What should i splice into to get power. i tried the light under the dash on the drivers side and every way i try it i always get power to the led if the dome light is on or off

Old 09-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: LED wiring

The dome light circuit is a switched ground. You will need to hook them in using both the power and the ground from the dome light circuit.

Old 09-06-2008, 03:23 PM

ok thanks

Old 09-06-2008, 08:06 PM

i have another question. i also want to hook an LED up to go on with the headlights. before i spliced into the light in the ash tray but it would blow fuses and you were not able to get power from the (obd?) port under the dash to scan codes since they are the same fuse i think. so what could i splice into that wont blow fuses

Old 09-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You must have tapped into the wrong wire... Always check with a multimeter to make sure that the wire does what you need it to do. An LED should not increase the load on a circuit enough to blow a fuse.