Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Memphis with Xtant

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 10:16 PM
MemphisBlazer99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Memphis with Xtant

i have a 99' blazer with two memphis mojo's powered by two Xtant 1001 amps. i have a stock ported box with it, but i keep getting told that i need a bigger box. i was wondering if anyone has built a bigger box thats takes up the entire trunk space. i do sound competition and need more air space. and was just curious if anyone had pics of boxes they may have built. thanks guy.

Old 10-26-2008, 10:52 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Memphis with Xtant

First, nice choice on the xtants. Second, what in the world is a "stock ported box"??? Third, you should be building a properly engineered enclosure if you are competing, not just the biggest one you can fit. There is plenty of science , math, and sound theory behind enclosures, not just building them to a size. Do some research on building enclosures.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:21 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

what size mojos are you running? I had my two 15" mojos in 6cubes and did a 149.7 on the TL on 4kw. Your best bet would be to go off memphis specs for your enclosure.

and x2 with bob....whats a stock ported box? prefab?

Old 10-29-2008, 10:00 AM

yes. prefab. sorry about that term mixup. they are mojo 12's 2 ohm. I was hoping to hit over 150. that my goal. ill do anything I have to. I just want rediculous bass. haha. I picked tohse xtants up dirt cheap with the subs for only 1000. but I need a bigger box to get louder sound.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:53 AM

are you looking to burp 150db or 150db with music?

- find the resonant frequency of your vehicle and tune your ported enclosure to the same frequency.
- deaden the hell out of your vehicle
- go to the termlab website to pick up more tips on building a SPL enclosure.

Old 10-29-2008, 04:03 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

i have found that our trucks peak around 50-53hz........but i seriously think your going to need more power then what your running to get a 150. Its a lot harder then you think. Not to mention additional batteries to keep up voltage.

your best bet would be to build the box to memphis specs and go from there.

Old 10-29-2008, 06:27 PM

its going to burp 150...I hope. I have one deep cycle battery to the amps. but im re running the wires and putting one battery to each. also getting a high output alternator. I am running 4 gauge wire at the moment. but am upgrading to 0 gauge. new box, new alternator, new batteries, and a whole lot of deadening. I think its got a shot. I don't know what to use on the roof. dynamat or fillerfoam. any tips?

Old 10-29-2008, 06:35 PM

lead is the ultimate deadener. Concrete works great too! raamat is a great alternative to dynamat. You get a lot more for your money. I would try to stay away from foam since it absorbs sound and could actually hurt your numbers on the mic. The more air bouncing around the better.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:01 PM
BF Veteran

like i said....i dont think your going to have enough power to burp a 50 with only 1kw to each woofer....cuz your not factoring in impedence rise which will greatly effect your numbers

Old 10-29-2008, 07:16 PM

I have the amps wired at 2 ohms. their 1000 watts at 4 ohms. so its 2000 to each sub. idk guys. im doing this out of sheer bordom and love for loud bass. haha. thanks for all lthe help. so no foam, bigger box to right size recommended for subs, and use lead to deaden my truck. where can I buy a roll of lead? haha. so dynamat or any other type. anyone else running mojo's?

Quick Reply: Memphis with Xtant