Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Memphis with Xtant

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 07:53 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future
Default RE: Memphis with Xtant

i was running 2 mojo 15s in a wall on a memphis 4kw.

as far as sound deadening there are many kinds you can use....fatmat, hushmat, edead, raamatt, secondskin etc. im using a combination of fatmat and hushmat and it works great

Old 10-30-2008, 09:54 AM
MemphisBlazer99 is an unknown quantity at this point

did you just layer the fatmat and hushmat ontop of each other? I think im gonna need a lot to build up my roof

Old 10-30-2008, 10:09 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: bobditts

are you looking to burp 150db or 150db with music?

- find the resonant frequency of your vehicle and tune your ported enclosure to the same frequency.
- deaden the hell out of your vehicle

- go to the termlab website to pick up more tips on building a SPL enclosure.
Sorry to go off-topic but, wouldn't deadening the vehicle change the resonant freq? Also, how would one go about finding the resonant freq? Just make a track going from like 20Hz up to 70 or so and stop when it gets loud?

Old 10-30-2008, 11:37 AM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

correct you are. I guess my order was not correct. I wasnt writing as the order of events though. haha. But yes, deaden first, then find the resonant frequency. The way you mentioned is the "poor mans" way of doing it, but there is professional test equipment that will do it for you. Never had it done so I dont know the details.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:16 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

in order to find the resonant frequency of your truck you need to first find someone with a termlab that will either let you use it or do it for you. You then play a sweep from say 40hz-70hz and the termlab will show you where your peak is on the truck

Old 10-30-2008, 04:59 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Thanks guys, I figured you would sweep through the frequencies but wasn't sure how you'd figure out exactly what freq is right.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:36 PM

aww off topic. I just kidding. so deaden the hell out of my truck. I would uyuse sement but its my everyday driver. gotta worry about that mpg. lol. thankfully I know someone with a meter. so finding my frequency shouldn't be too hard.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:53 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

weight is the whole point of deadening. Mass loading a surface to lower its resonant frequency. That is the definition of deadening lol. Kind an oxy moron to say you are worried about weight, yet you are still mass loading. lol

Old 10-31-2008, 02:21 PM

that is very true. haha. well im worried about weight when it comes to cement vs. fatmat/hushmat. lol.