Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Mounting Air Tank 02 ZR2

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Starting Member
rhs856 is on a distinguished road
Default Mounting Air Tank 02 ZR2

I hooked up a set of Hadley air horns and I put the 5 gallon tank in the back. I am looking for a relatively inexpensive way to mount it (ie. keep it from flying around in an emergency situation). It runs lengthwise behind the passenger back seat. Will post pics later, but if anyone has any generic ideas, they would be appreciated.

EDIT: Pics posted below.

here and here

I don't want to bolt it flat to the floor because I want to be able to access the drain plug - located on the bottom of the tank.

Last edited by rhs856; 06-02-2009 at 03:26 PM. Reason: pics
Old 06-02-2009, 11:45 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

bolt it down through the floor

Old 06-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Starting Member

The tank is basically a cylinder without any places to mount it flat. Bolting to the floor wouldn't really work for it. I also need to access the drain plug, located on the bottom of the tank.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:33 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

bend a thin strip of steel around it and bolt that to the floof

Old 06-02-2009, 08:50 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Fab up some feet for it that bolt to the floor yet have enough heighth to give you access to the drain plug.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:45 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

ur pics dont work

Old 06-03-2009, 11:21 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

they work fine for me...

Old 06-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikeinwi
they work fine for me...
Work for me as well, but not when clicked from the links above. I had to copy & paste into a new browser tab.

Does it have mounts like that on both sides?? Looks like it was intended to be mounted between the frame rails somewhere...

I would get some tank mounts with clamp style hold downs to support it on the floor and then pipe up a ball valve to the drain, locating it somewhere accessible. You could even have a pipe extending from the ball valve to under the truck somewhere to vent the tank outside the passenger compartment when you wanted to drain off any condensation.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:39 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

They don't work for me either, but I x2 the bending some steel around the tank and bolting that to the floor...

Old 06-04-2009, 10:39 AM
Starting Member

Thanks for the recommendations. If you're having trouble with the pics, right click, select Copy Link Location, and then paste it. This will get around Tripod's silly linking block.

I think I might go the "feet" route. This may work the best for me.

Quick Reply: Mounting Air Tank 02 ZR2