Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

to much bass?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 01:26 PM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default to much bass?

I was told i have to much Bass. The other day my stereo hit this reall nice note that shook everything hard, then my engine got really loud and rather mean sounding (in a good way) anyhow, i crawled inder to find that my exhaust pipe was rusty, and had shaken in half. i have yet to fix it but it sounds great and my fuel seems to last a lil longer but that doesnt make sense to me.

Also, my sponsor told me the speakers he thinks i should get. the 15 inch Lanzar Optidrives - 6 of them in a blazer. 1600 watt rms and 2400 watt max from each amp with 3 amps. that would be crazy awesome. he had 6 in a AstroVan and took 1-3 place in all the comps he attended and even beat the Kicker van. pushed some 158 db in a big ole van. and running only one amp one them. its a crazy awesome van.

Old 08-28-2006, 01:30 PM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: to much bass?

i might have to change this title....

theres no such thing as to much bass! come on man! GEEZ!
lol

I'm gonna say this. something to think about.

Quality. Not Quantity

When i had my kicker setup i thought i was the s*** basically.. well sad thing is. my 1 single 12" MD sidewinder has the same ammount of sound output as all 6 of my kickers did.

and the MD is in a small prefab box! headliners floppin around and the radar detectors doin the dance again since i got my new amp in.

Just somethin to think about man

Old 08-28-2006, 03:03 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

hahaha dude i agree...there is no such thing as to much bass. Like Jon said its quality over quantity, Im thinking of getting rid of my 3 JL's and going with a MD Napalm. its an amazing sub that will just put my setup now to shame.

Old 08-28-2006, 03:06 PM

the title was a question for a reason, i agree there is never to much. My goal resides at 178 decibal. now, i understand that i have crappy speakers and such, but that is still a decent amount of output. my stuff is flopping about and even though its a custom box, they are $40 low power speakers and a low end amp. for what it is, im happy with it, though im looking for more.

Old 08-28-2006, 03:09 PM

im aware that 2 good 15's could out do 6, but 6 good 15's with a proper install and airspace will destroy 2. bass is about air movement, the point im trying to push is that a napalm will destroy, if you put in 2 napalms with proper sizes and areas - it will destroy more. there are limits but i have a big vehicle.

Old 08-28-2006, 03:09 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

dude 178 dB's is a big number to reach.. there aren't many people doing it. It will cost a lot of money and time to get there

Old 08-28-2006, 03:15 PM

but it will be worth it. i might even be famous then. hmmm....hadnt thought of that yet.

Old 08-28-2006, 03:20 PM
sledneck16 is an unknown quantity at this point

if you add another sub at the same power it tends to only add like 6-10 db---from what i've seen anyways---not substantial for the price in my opinion. theres just nothing like a 2000RMS sub with a well matched amp/amps. or even bigger if you're crazy like that

Old 08-28-2006, 03:22 PM

6-10 db x 5 is like 30-50 added db by your observation. i think its worth it.

Old 08-28-2006, 03:49 PM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about

-_-

not trying to be a jerk or anything josh.

but your NEVER going to hit 170's

the only 170 vehicles are vans. cemented off on the inside and they weigh 11,000 pounds from all the concrete used to seal it.

Its just not gonna happen. Blazers are a GREAT SPL vehicle but for those numbers ya need a van

Quick Reply: to much bass?