Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

My mini system

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My mini system

I thought I would share my mini system that I have.
I had a blown speaker when I got the vehicle and I wanted to upgrade to something nicer. I ended up also finding a sub for sale on this forum which I cant remember who I purchased it though. Then even though I wanted to keep the stock hu look I gave in for sound quality reasons. I was able to get everything for around $500 I believe and that was last year this time.
The headunit is a Alpine 9884 and It was decently cheap and so far I have loved it. It came with a iPod adapter which I ran to the glove box.

As far as the speakers go I replaced the 4 speakers in the doors. I went with Kenwood 6 1/2 inch 3 way speakers. They lack on any sort of bass but the vocals are awesome and it is a very clean sound. They were around 40 a pair. I realized I didnt take a photo but I have this. Not sure if you can barely see them or not.

Lastly I found a JL 10" sub in a stealthbox from a guy on the forum. He was selling the sub, box, and amp for somewhere around 200 bucks. The carpet color was the same and everything. I've always wanted a sub but never wanted to give up the space for one. I do a lot of fishing and I usually have the back filled with stuff so this worked perfectly. I got a 4 way Pioneer amp from the guy so I traded it for a Alpine mono. It was some gray color so I painted it black for the time being. I got Rockford Fosgate wiring kit which was really good quality and I spend a long time wiring it up and the olny wiring exposed would be a couple inches were it comes out of the carpet and goes to the amp.

Thats my mini system and I just wanted to share. Let me know what you think.
-Brian

Old 01-30-2010, 04:23 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

That is the best looking sub box I have seen to date! I would love something like that. Looks awesome!!

Old 01-30-2010, 05:16 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

nice and clean. good job!

Old 01-30-2010, 05:23 PM
papacope is an unknown quantity at this point

That Is a sweet looking sub box. Now you just need to figure out a way to conceal the amp and nobody would know you had a BA system unless they hear it. =]

Old 01-30-2010, 11:26 PM
Starting Member

Thanks guys. I was looking for places to put the amp and everywere else im going to need fans to keep it cool and putting it where the seat folds down just looks like a wire mess.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:38 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

HOLY CRAP>>>>> I WANT THAT>..... Nice job... If you did it all yourself... PROPS... those stealth boxes are super nice......

Old 01-30-2010, 11:54 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

i thought that was a smartass comment at first, then I looked again and i said:
x2!

freakin sweet man!

Old 01-31-2010, 10:35 AM
Starting Member

Yeah it was easy to do. Best part is the box is threw bolted with 3/8ths hardware so its not going anywhere. Ive had it in there for almost a year now and love it.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:00 AM
hubert hefner is on a distinguished road

I like it! i had to take a double look for the box tho! lol. nice and clean. Don't lose any storage space either. very nice.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:57 PM
Peco is an unknown quantity at this point

That box is SWEEt. Nice and clean.

Quick Reply: My mini system