Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

My New Enclosure...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 11:00 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: My New Enclosure...

looks good cloak, cant wait till we get started on mine! im still catching up on some things but it should be within the next few weeks im hoping

Old 01-05-2008, 11:24 PM
cloak01ls is an unknown quantity at this point

hopefully my Circle Jig turns up my then. I dont like to ship out boxes with Jigsawed sub holes. I would hate your your subs not to fit...If i dont find out who stole it by the end of the coming week, ill just have to buy another one [:@]

Old 01-06-2008, 10:56 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

bummer man....time for an upgrade!

how hard is it to flush mount the subs? probably difficult if you dont have the specific one with you huh....

Old 01-06-2008, 11:19 AM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: cloak01ls

hopefully my Circle Jig turns up my then. I dont like to ship out boxes with Jigsawed sub holes. I would hate your your subs not to fit...If i dont find out who stole it by the end of the coming week, ill just have to buy another one [:@]
just make one out of 1/8" MDF thats what I did.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:48 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

sweet choice in sub...what are you gonna power it with?? box looks awsome. great work

Old 01-06-2008, 12:30 PM

ORIGINAL: blazinloud

how hard is it to flush mount the subs? probably difficult if you dont have the specific one with you huh....
As long as I have the specs on the sub, all I need is the cutout diameter and the outside diameter. Its nice to have the sub with me so I can make sure it mocks up nice, but not really necessary...

ORIGINAL: bobditts

just make one out of 1/8" MDF thats what I did.
Seems like a whole hell of a lot of measuring and drilling. For $35 i think i'll just pick up a new one...

ORIGINAL: jagblazer01

sweet choice in sub...what are you gonna power it with?? box looks awsome. great work
Thankyou. I have a US Amps 1600.2 Laying around im gonna use for now. But eventually its going to be powered by an Audison LRx1.1k...

Old 01-06-2008, 12:55 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

looking good. i like the flush mount look for subs, i am planning on doing it w/ my new box. , but im going t o do subs facing upto keep them from being damaged and port back or up not sure yet,

Old 01-06-2008, 02:01 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: blznlowxtreme
but im going t o do subs facing upto keep them from being damaged
not sure if you heard, but they make these sweet products called speaker grills haha

Old 01-06-2008, 02:32 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: bobditts

not sure if you heard, but they make these sweet products called speaker grills haha
yea i heard about those. lol, they look like sh*t though. and the ones i see for 8" subs i dont think will fit mine.
im glad to see that you painted your port. i know tons of people that get the box built sub in it and wrapped and then look at it and say i should have painted inside the port. some just leave it. looks like crap.

Old 01-06-2008, 03:15 PM

Bare MDf is the number one indication of a novice installer

Quick Reply: My New Enclosure...