Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

My New TV

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 08:56 PM
cr8390 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My New TV

Well its been hell but i have for the longest time been trying to figure out where i could put a 7 inch tv up front in my truck. Finally figured it out and got it working. I removed the cigarette lighter and tray and built my own little custom wood box to go there and propped my tv up. I wrapped the wood in a carbon fiber pattern and wired them up. This is my second tv and a 3rd is to come in the rear. Just thought i would let you guys know incase you were looking 4 some place to put 1 to.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:05 AM
Beginning Member
Juggolow22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: My New TV

thats nice but i think its to far down. I light the blue LEDS how did u do that and was it expensive ?

Old 12-05-2008, 10:46 AM
cr8390 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: My New TV

I thought it was going to be to far down as well until i angled it up a tad. As far as the lights i redid the whole inside of my truck you can see in my car domain in my signature. I took apart all the switches like 4x4, rear wiper, windows controls and light switch and soldered blue led's i bought offline where the existing bulbs are. The tricky part was getting the led's to show a good light pattern so it takes sometime trying to find the best place for the led's in each switch. The Hvac (heater ac controls) was a big bitch because it has a lot of surface space you cant get the led to light up in them properly so i bought 4 led wedge bulbs offline and fit them in there . Each bulb has 1 led on each side so it is like 5 led's per bulb. The led's cost i think $20 free shipping and the bulbs cost me $20 as well and i had to buy them from china (which i hate buying from them) shipping only took like 4 days so. Then just the soldering gun and the solder. The rest is patients took me like 2 days to finish working on it in the afternoon's to about 7-8pm.