Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

My system is all hooked up...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 10:59 PM
nofear17bmx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My system is all hooked up...

Ok I got my sony HU, yea its not the best but it handles well. I have (4) 6.5 alpine speakers. Kicker ZX750.1 amp that is rated at 929 RMS. Kicker DCVR12 (2 12" CVRS). I have it all hook up and playing but there are still some things I need to work out. From the reviews people said these things were like insanly loud. They are, but not as loud as I expected. When you sit out side of the vehicle you can hear them just fine, but I was expecting my blazer to like shake like a rattle toy. Only problem I notice is that the subs dont play either low or high notes. I cannot tell if its low or high. I am pretty sure its low though, cause like when I play a song I can hear the subs cut out. But then again, it may be the high notes lol. Sorry, I am messed up...my head is still spinning from having it pounded all day by my subs.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:03 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: My system is all hooked up...

they will be loud, but you will not rattle yout truck like crasy with the port size on a pre-fab box, sorry. also, check your gains and check your Filter and see if you have it set to LPF or HPF. you want it to play only the low notes, so set it to lpf. you can turn your crossover down soe, but not a whole lot with those subs.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:13 PM

Umm, I dont have any switch for LPF or HPF or anything. In side they put all this white stuffing, I was told this is to make the subs think the box is bigger then it really is? Also this whole time I read on this forum ported boxes were louder, which is why I went with ported! lol...

Old 01-10-2007, 11:35 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

they put in polyfill. usually only used for sealed encolsures. Ported enclosures are louder. just pre-fab ones are usually too small. My buyy make a box for those exact speakers, but 15's. His box is 20 cubic feet for four of them. meaning a lil under 5.0 cu ft per sub, after displacement. keep playing around with your settings, it will be louder, and the subs probably need to be broken in, give it a week, and then let us know.

Old 01-11-2007, 02:35 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

congrats man, im sure you'll still do some damage

Old 01-11-2007, 09:15 PM

I went to CC since the guy told me I could bring my system down for them the check it out after I got it setup to make sure everything was good. After I left the guy had my gain set a little past 75%....I am still worried about my subs though, they dont seem to be hitting the right notes, like the lows possibly...I a few days I am going to be taking tons of pics of my ride...

Old 01-12-2007, 09:56 AM
Starting Member
Loud_01_Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

i would deffinitely turn the gain back down. there's no reason the gains should be that high. all your hearing is distortion with them set like that. My cvr 15's hit the low's GOOD it's the higher freq. they lack on. But my box is right around 9 cu ft. with 100 sq in. of port tuned to 35hz....

CVR's seem to really love big boxes...

Old 01-12-2007, 04:07 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

ya, do you hear lots of distortion? I would guess it should be set from 35-50% shouldnt be higher than that......the less gain you have, the louder it can go without distortion......for the most part anyway....

Old 01-12-2007, 08:28 PM

Well how do I set my amp to LPF or HPF cause I dont see a switch for that anywhere...

Old 01-12-2007, 09:06 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Post pics of your amp, because there should be switched for the crossover.

Quick Reply: My system is all hooked up...