Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Need help with custom enclosure

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 02:09 PM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

See what you think of this. It's 2.2cuft NET tuned to about 31hz. I say "about" because PA doesn't list the sub's displacement. It has 37.5sqin of port area and should be a good efficient enclosure with pretty flat response. The best part is that it should be good for almost any other 12" sub out there if you ever decide to replace the PA with something new. Also, if it's tuned too low for your taste you can always add the 2x4 blocks trick to it and raise the tuning some.

If you need the measurement in a more standard cutsheet let me know, I'll make one up and post it.

Name:  richphotosopen1.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  94.2 KB

Name:  richphotosclosed1.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  85.1 KB

Name:  richphotosopen2.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  84.4 KB

Name:  richphotosclosed2.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  69.5 KB

Old 09-25-2012, 04:08 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Man you rock!
I dont think I need a cut sheet, that is pretty straight forward, but I might as well get one since you are offering.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:40 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Oh, also, I meant to ask, one last question since you have been so much help.
What is the offset on the sub in the box. how far on center from the side with the port and the other side. (if that makes sense) thanks again!

Old 09-25-2012, 06:51 PM

I'm on my phone now. I'll post up the cut sheet if I can make it to my computer this evening. If not ill get it first thing in the morning.

As for the mounting hole, I think I spaced the center of the circle 8" from the port edge, but just about anywhere you want will be fine.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:53 PM
BF Veteran

awesome, No rush, I am not going to get around to building it until this weekend. Again, Thank you very much. I owe you big time.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:22 AM

Here's the cutsheet.

Name:  richphotoscutsheet.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  82.5 KB

Let me know if you need anything else.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:35 PM
BF Veteran

Perfect, thanks so much. one more thing, what do you do about speaker terminals? is it okay to just take the one out of my prefab box and use that?

Old 09-26-2012, 05:46 PM

On my enclosures, to make it super easy to remove them, I use Speakon connectors. Exactly the same as one may see on a lot of PA system amps. I get them from PartsExpress.com. Otherwise, any terminal will do. The one from your prefab box will do just fine as well.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:02 PM
BF Veteran

I got the box built, and it sounds amazing, what a difference, I only need the bass *** up 1/4 to 1/2 to make it as loud as it was in the prefab with the bass *** up all the way.
Thanks again for everything. I will get photos of it once I wrap it.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:44 PM
BF Veteran

here is the box (not wrapped obviously) but a HUGE difference, thanks again for the help altoncustomtech
Name:  DSC_4391-1.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  147.9 KB

Quick Reply: Need help with custom enclosure