Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Need help with custom enclosure

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 10:16 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by DannyAbel
I am also a newcomer for this forum,So i don't know how to help you.
Umm... Thanks.. for trying? I dont really know what to say.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:09 PM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

Out of idle curiosity, and since the noob brought the thread back up, how's the box working out? Have you gotten a chance to wrap it yet? If you did, got some more pics to upload?

Old 11-08-2012, 04:14 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I could not be happier with it, Thanks again very much. I thought I put some up of it wrapped, but I guess not, here is a shot of it.
I also tried to get a video of the back glass flexing (used the complete wrong lens)
But in this video, volume is only at 20

Name:  DSC_2003.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  127.8 KB

Will be making a better video on Saturday.

Old 11-09-2012, 04:02 PM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

Turned out great and looks like it's performing pretty damn good too. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Old 11-09-2012, 04:17 PM
BF Veteran

Thanks!
I will have a better video tomorrow, with a lens that does not have such a shallow DOF and a louder level.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:11 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

what kinda rattles in deep bass do you have? my tailgate latch rattles,as well as my left plastic panel behind my seat (what wraps around the window). I stuffed a rag behind the speaker cover and fixed most of that one. but if my volume is low my tailgate rattles and it drives me nuts. Something else is rattling,sounds like its coming from under the blazer but its inside of the cab,so must be someone i dont wanna mess with lol.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:55 PM
BF Veteran

When I first put it in, not one single rattle inside, Now the passenger door panel has developed a rattle, but I can fix it by pushing on it, So I am going to get some sticky 1/2inch insulating foam from Menards and put a couple pieces behind it, All the rattles are contained outside LOL, for now.
Oh, and the over head console, the one for a garage door opener rattled, I just took a piece of electrical tape and make it fit tighter (since I dont use it aways)

I get more rattles when driving down the road from the bumps, than I do with the music up.

Last edited by richphotos; 11-09-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:37 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

well,when its up i dont hear it lol. its just mid level i can. I did just remember i stuff a few chunks of partical board from a broken dresser into my tailgate to fix a big rattle. Only way i can fix the small screeching rattle from the latch is wrap a layer of electrical tape on it. it'll last a week or so. then repeat. lol

Old 11-09-2012, 07:08 PM
BF Veteran

LOL! have you tried to adjust the latch so it grabs tighter?

Old 11-09-2012, 08:01 PM
BF Veteran

i have. no worky. electrical tape ftw.

Quick Reply: Need help with custom enclosure