Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Need Help With HID's Please

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Csmoney28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need Help With HID's Please

I just got some HID's from my friend and they wouldnt work on my truck but they worked when he put them on his car so i dont know what to do and why they work on his car but not mine . The bulb is the right size they fit but they just dont work. Any help would greatly apprechiated thanks.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:12 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future
Default RE: Need Help With HID's Please

do u have them hooked up right??

Old 03-25-2008, 07:25 PM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts

check to see if they are hooked up right for one, and check to see if you damaged the bulbs in the process of taking out of his car and installing in yours, make sure you didnt or dont touch the acual bulb, the nitrogen inside will cause the bulbs to blow.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:43 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Did you use a wiring harness?

Old 03-25-2008, 10:41 PM

They were brand new out of the box and i hooked them up right. I just tried them in my friends car to see if they worked after i put them in my car and they didnt work. So i put them in his and they worked in his. I didnt touch the bulbs i used rubber gloves when installing them. It said something in the manual about i might have to change the 20A fuse for the lights to work but i dont know what those are or what to change them to ?

Old 03-26-2008, 03:26 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

DO NOT CHANGE THE FUSE!
It's there for a reason.

Your HID's are trying to draw too much power for the ignition charge.

You need to get yourself a relay harness, so the HID's get powered by the battery, but still switched by the headlight switch.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:02 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I definitely agree with Dennis here. If you are popping the fuse, you should install a relay on the trigger wire so that you can use the appropriate gauge wire to handle the amperage and power it straight from the battery. The factory headlight wiring is WAY too light to be pushing the kind of amps that the HID setup is drawing on initial startup.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:26 AM
BF Veteran

Mine spike at 20 amps on start up for the pair...

Some use less power, some use more...

The factory wiring is NOT built for that. It's barely above the factory spec halogens...

Try testing it with only one ballast plugged in, if it turns on, that's your problem... If not, you're probably going to need to reverse the positive and negative of the plugs... Which is really easy to do, if you get the power harness

Old 03-26-2008, 03:49 PM

I called the company and they told me for my truck i needed to just flip the plug connecting to the ballest around thanks for all the help though !

Old 03-26-2008, 04:04 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

I had that problem too, It looks like it goes on one way, but its reverse of the pin. Did you buy from HID Warehouse?

Quick Reply: Need Help With HID's Please