Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

NEW 15" Kicker CompVR

Old 10-14-2007, 08:22 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default NEW 15" Kicker CompVR

so i just ordered a new 15" compVR and im going to need an enclsoure for it. im getting rid of my old 12's because the box was pretty big and they were not that very good. im looking for something very small. i was thinking about making my own to fit behind the passenger seat and against the wheel well. however after looking over all sorts of threads and posts, it seems that there is a lot more than just making a cube and cutting a hole in it. if anyone knows of any good sites that sell enclosures, or if anyone can help me out and explain what i need to do to build my own and make it sound good, i am more than willing to learn. i am trying to keep this box as small as possible but i realize that it is not always possible to keep it small and make it sound good

also its rated at 500w rms and 1000w peak. i have read a lot about kicker underrating everything so if i were to run a zx750.1 amp on it would that cause any problems on the woofer?

Old 10-14-2007, 08:56 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: NEW 15" Kicker CompVR

if ya want, pm me and I can probably give you cut sheets for your box. PM me the usuable space that you are trying to stay in and I will get back to you by tuesday.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:34 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

should be good, usually sealed box's are smaller.....and increases the power handling of the sub, ported box's are bigger, generally with a little more output, and increases the effeciency of the sub.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:03 AM
sndro666 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's been my experience that sealed boxes give you more responsive subs while ported boxes give you louder yet sloppier subs.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:05 PM
Administrator

really depends on the enclosure and the subwoofer. I have had many ported boxes that did not sound sloppy at all

Old 10-15-2007, 08:22 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

ya, i noticed pretty much every home stereo sub is ported, at least ive never seen a factory sealed HT woofer. If the ported box is built correctly it will sound great.

then again not all subs are meant to be ported,

Old 10-15-2007, 11:02 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

hey sndro666, is this what you were saying about wiring it in parrallel?

also could someone explain the concept of dual voice coil? i understand single coil but im not sure exactly what dual coils are

Old 10-16-2007, 07:30 AM
Administrator

yep, that is how you wire it. A dual voice coil just aids in wiring. Helps when your amp puts out more power at 2 ohms (depends on the sub, some are dual 2 dual 1 or some are quad 1). An amp will work harder at a lower ohm load, but it will generally put out more power.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:31 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

dual coils will basically allow you to either raise the ohm load or lower the ohm load.....wiring the coils in parallel will lower and series will raise

Old 10-16-2007, 07:52 AM
BF Veteran

ok thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NEW 15" Kicker CompVR