Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

New bumps in the ride.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 05:39 PM
Starting Member
mattjphoto is on a distinguished road
Default New bumps in the ride.

I got out of the car audio stuff about 10 yrs ago but I got the sub, box, amp and wiring for under $150. After a little bit of work for the install I'm happy w/ what I got.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:56 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

nice deal for $150. Not my choice of equipment, but its hard to argue with the price. How did you secure the enclosure to the vehicle?

Old 10-17-2011, 08:53 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by bobditts
nice deal for $150. Not my choice of equipment, but its hard to argue with the price. How did you secure the enclosure to the vehicle?
Right now it is now secured b/c we have moving to do. My wife said I could put it in there if I made it so it could come out when we need the space.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Starting Member
MrJP is an unknown quantity at this point

Please, secure it some way. You can set something up for easy removal, but don't let the sub flow free.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:09 PM
Starting Member

How would you guys recommend I secure it?

Old 10-17-2011, 10:54 PM
Starting Member
BigEffingHammer is on a distinguished road

For securing, I've done a few things, L brackets with screws just into the carpet/padding, worked fine with 4 brackets each with 2 coarse thread screws.

New and improved securing (also anti-theft) is I basically bolted it down through the floor. I put two bolts through the bottom sticking up, tightened nuts on them, then lowered the box onto them (through holes I predrilled) and then put more nuts/washers inside the box. Secured extraordinarily tight.

Also, not a bad buy there. I have the same amplifier, love it for my dual 12" Pioneers. I've heard mixed things about Sony Xplode, but I have a HU by them and it works like a charm.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:12 PM
Sturg is on a distinguished road

In my Tbird I just put a slim piece of mdf under the carpet, then put the carpet back, sat the box on top and drilled screws in through the box through the carpet/padding, and into the mdf board on bottom, it does not move at all.

Old 10-18-2011, 01:15 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I just strapped mine down to the anchor points with cargo straps. Nice and solid, and quick to remove.

Old 10-18-2011, 07:17 AM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Thogert
I just strapped mine down to the anchor points with cargo straps. Nice and solid, and quick to remove.
as a temporary solution, this would be the best option. Ultimately what you dont want is for your enclosure to become a missile of death should you get in to an accident. It can, and will decapitate

Old 10-18-2011, 10:44 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

That's some food for thought...

Quick Reply: New bumps in the ride.