Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

which new subs?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 12:10 PM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default which new subs?

I am running 12 inch subs in the blazer right now. i am looking for there replacements however. I have hit a bit of a whole. Which sub to replace them with. I love the hardcore bass, but i am not going to be competing. At the moment i am between 3 different subs.

1. Rockford Fosgate 12" P3
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=14226
2. Kicker 05CVR12-4
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=14817
3. Mass Destruction Sidewinder
http://www.mdcaraudio.com/sidewinder12.html

i can run about 850-950 watts at 4 ohm, and 1800 - 2000 at 2 ohm. i would like to stay at 4 ohm, for power consumption reasons - any help would be great, and any other picks are welcome as well.

Old 07-13-2006, 02:12 PM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: which new subs?

I personaly would not do a P3. I had one before and all it gave me was problems. its basically a power hog for how much sound your getting.

the Comp VR's are good. Great company good quality Good Buy.

Sidewinder: Very Power efficient! (I only have 1 in a tiny box at 200 watts and mirrors are shakin)

Also if all of u blazerforum guys can hold on I'm talkin to the dealer in my area to see if he is willing to do a group buy program for u guys!

Old 07-13-2006, 02:42 PM

well if thats the case i may just get 4 of those. but i would like to see one in action first.

Old 07-13-2006, 02:56 PM
BF Veteran

Ask and Ye Shall Recieve!

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/vide...winder12.2.wmv - Sidewinder in a prefab 1.2 cu.ft. ported enclosure @ 32Hz, powered by a Soundstream 240

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/vide...winder12.1.wmv - Sidewinder free-air and in a 1 cu. ft. sealed enclosure, powered by an American Bass 100.1

Old 07-13-2006, 03:11 PM

after i said that, i went to the md main page and downloaded both those vids. thanks for the links though. At the same time, i still dont get to hear it for myself. Can you compare it to like, a rockford p3, and some other common ones?

Old 07-13-2006, 03:20 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

the sidewinder is an amazing sub. capable of handling a lot of power. Def. recommend that or you could go JL

Old 07-13-2006, 03:21 PM
BF Veteran

Both are Dual Voice Coil

The Rockford takes more power and isnt as power efficient. This is coming from someone who had the product and loved rockford. Basically the P3 is to much work. Also the price is pretty up there for what your getting! Has decent heat displacement. Mine got pretty hot at 740 watts. Uh It also burned up a few amps for me. And yes I know how to wire these up lol

The sidewinder only need 350 to slam very power efficient. People are compairing these to JL W6's and of course! The TypeR lol. Some ppl are compairing it to the Braham to O.O But yea. Its a great value for what you get in the end! People have burped the sidewinder at I believe it was 1500 each for 15 seconds and it wasnt hot. So its heat displacement is great too.

Old 07-13-2006, 03:22 PM
BF Veteran

https://blazerforum.com/m_28421/tm.htm

Thats the group buy for Sidewinders if your interested!

Old 07-13-2006, 09:44 PM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point

i also wouldnt recommend the p3. i got one for my boy and it took a **** within like 2 months. i was hopeing it was an isolated case, but after reading some of these posts, im having doubts it is.

Old 07-15-2006, 06:34 PM
O_P_PLaya is an unknown quantity at this point

i am a jl audio man, myself. i run 2 12w3v2 and they slam. i can be heard comin into the parking at the malls. and i hav def set off my fair share of alarms. to me they are very reliable subwoofers, that can PERFORM. they are sumtimes a bit pricey, but u gotta remember...u get waht u pay for. o yea i run them with a JL AUDIO 500/1 mono block amp. i also VR series door speakers matched to a 300/4 multi channel amp. i love JL audio over all other brands. too bad they dont make recievers/tuners decks...

Quick Reply: which new subs?