Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

New subs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 07:39 PM
fraze936 is on a distinguished road
Default New subs?

Hey guys i am new to the forum and just purchased a 2000 chevy blazer sport 2d 4x4. I am wanting to put a system in the back. i would like to keep it somewhat small because I am a hunter and will need room back there and my spare is mounted in there, upright on the left side. I was thinking maybe one twelve? I would like some setup suggestions and some good subs for a cheap price. Would like to keep it all around $250

Old 08-25-2011, 08:45 AM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the forum!

I'm not a fan of the run of the mill stuff anymore. While the popular brands do just fine there's still better to be had for the same/less/tad more money depending on what you're after. You're only looking for a single 12, and at that budget you're not looking at a great deal of power either, I would highly suggest the SSA DCON or the Fi Audio X series subwoofers. Both are very good subs that are 100% built in the USA and fully rebuildable in the event that you actually tear one up. Both will impress almost anyone at how good they sound and the sheer amount of output they can provide on their low rated power handling.

It's really hard to get a real nice amp on that low of a budget, but there's several brands out there that really don't do bad at all for their modest price. Something like this Crunch bridged will do just fine, or this Powerbass are both good examples of what you need for that budget. The nice thing about that is that amps with this lower output rating can be run on small wire like this 8AWG wiring kit and won't be hard on your electrical at all, won't take up a lot of space, and as you're needing are very budget friendly.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:58 PM
Starting Member
NT_Hardcore is on a distinguished road

incriminator has some really good stuff aswell. im a huge FI fan. FI audio, SSA, Incriminator audio, PSI, Asscendant audio, all good companys with cheap lines of subs that will out do any run of the mill comparison.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:13 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

I've got a removable box with two Pioneer 12s in my K5.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:13 AM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by NT_Hardcore
incriminator has some really good stuff aswell. im a huge FI fan. FI audio, SSA, Incriminator audio, PSI, Asscendant audio, all good companys with cheap lines of subs that will out do any run of the mill comparison.
Yeah I forgot about the IA 187's, another good sub that has a lower power rating (300wrms like the DCON I think). The Ascendant Audio Assassin's or Arsenal's would be great as well if you have an AA dealer nearby. The main reason I didn't mention them is because they aren't easily purchasable online like Fi and SSA are.

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick
I've got a removable box with two Pioneer 12s in my K5.
Removable enclosures are the only way to go IMO as well. Especially handy with a truck like the OP's which has the spare in the back too.

Old 08-26-2011, 02:22 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by altoncustomtech

Removable enclosures are the only way to go IMO as well. Especially handy with a truck like the OP's which has the spare in the back too.
Yeah, I didn't persay actually need a removable box because my backseat folds so there is enough room for my Subs, my toolbox, spare tire and a cooler full of beer. But in the case of my Husband's Burban and his 4 12s in a custom molded heavy **** box... it would have been nice to just have an easily removable box when it came to moving time. OF course he also could have decided to let the damn movers take his speaker box... but nnooooo.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:58 AM
Starting Member

i have a wall with 2 18's lol my blazer is now a 2 seater with literally a wall sealed off from the back @ the b pillar lol. i have rendered the use of this suv as anything but a 2 person miata hahahahhaa cant put anything bigger than the area where your feet go

Old 08-28-2011, 05:21 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by NT_Hardcore
i have a wall with 2 18's lol my blazer is now a 2 seater with literally a wall sealed off from the back @ the b pillar lol. i have rendered the use of this suv as anything but a 2 person miata hahahahhaa cant put anything bigger than the area where your feet go
I feel your pain lol. 8 Sundown Audio 12s in a b-pillar wall made my 4door blazer into a 2 seater lol.

I want to throw the suggestion of Sundown Audio. I am a rep for them and can honestly say they make one of the best entry level woofers out there. The SA series are an amazing sub. As mentioned, Incriminator makes an awsome woofer as well. If you have any interest in sundown hit me up and I can price you

Old 08-30-2011, 03:31 PM
Starting Member

yea sundown is another great brand. isnt there an obsidian sister company too? and i think arc audio has been putting out some good stuff. and the skar audio brand has done pretty well this last year-

Old 08-31-2011, 11:56 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

Obsidian is a company that Jacob (owner of Sundown) and Nick (owner of Stereo Integrity) formed together. They make a great product as well.

Quick Reply: New subs?