Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

New system ideas

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 03:28 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about
Default New system ideas

I want more space in the cargo area of my truck, so today I went out and started making a template for one very similar to what a lot of people have done and put it behind the right rear wheel well of my truck. Stupid me didn't pay think first, and got all done with my template only to realize I had two very major problems.

1) The way I set the new box up, I cannot fit my 12" sub.
2) My amp is a bazillion feet long and won't fit on/in this box either.

So I can either leave it alone and keep a system that's ridiculously overkill in my truck... or downsize to something that will fit in the box I want AND sound good without being too much.

Anybody have any suggestions for a good amp/single sub (10") that sounds good in our trucks? I don't want to spend a whole lot of cash either.

Here is what I'm currently working with, even though I doubt any of it will be reused:
(2) 12" Kicker CVR subs
(1) 1200W Power Acoustik amp.

No pics of it in the truck, but here is the box in my old Neon so you get a very rough idea.

And this is the type of box I'm looking to build:

Old 11-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Starting Member
Blazer_LT is on a distinguished road

mtx 10's dont sound bad with 450 watts pushed to them in there. now you got me thinking about building one of these boxes. i got the mdf haha

Old 11-05-2011, 07:44 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Your amp doesn't have to be attached to the box. In my K5 its underneath the passenger seat. You'll have to run more wiring though... lol

Old 11-05-2011, 08:27 PM

I never thought about that... any pics of how it mounts? I don't even know if it would fit there.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:39 AM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Back seat is also an option. Mine just sits under the seat... it isn't mounted or anything lol But I'm sure a mount could be fashioned.

My amp is also super small. Its only 75w. Its super cute! But my 2 12s still hit like champs!

Last edited by ChevyBlazerChick; 11-06-2011 at 01:49 AM.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:08 AM

Ahhh, yeah. My amp is not small at all. I just looked up the dimensions, holy crap.

Product Dimensions: 23.2 x 13.8 x 4.8 inches

The box I built is only about 13" deep, so nope, no way it'd fit.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:23 AM

Why are they making amps so friggin huge now. I used to have a 1200 JL Audio Amp it was was just a bit bigger than my 75.

thats it sitting in the footwell of my K5 In fact I think that's the **** to move the seat back and forth in the bottom of the pic.

Here's the dimensions Dimensions: 9.8" L x 9.25" W x 2.36" H

Last edited by ChevyBlazerChick; 11-06-2011 at 01:27 AM.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:27 AM

No clue, but I wish they didn't! Also, it appears that nobody makes a pre build box for what I am doing which stinks.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:38 AM

lol, I'm sure you can find something powerful in a small package. Someone out there has to make them lol.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:36 AM

I considered going without subs and just amping my interior speakers too actually. I don't need window shattering bass, I just like having more than stock speakers can usually handle, haha.

Quick Reply: New system ideas