Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

new tweeters or composite

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 10:18 PM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new tweeters or composite

I can't decide what kinda of speakers to replace my dash tweeters with(they blew the other day), my options are euither 4x6 composite, 100$ or tweeters $70(i have 4 eclisp 200w rms 3 way speakers in each door and two jl w6 10" subs, so i want high perforamce tweeters or compsites as well, what would you guys perfer tweeters or compostis(and before you ask, yes i CAN put composites in the spot where the tweeters are, also waht brands or types do you guys think are worth buyong(suggesting)

Old 01-23-2008, 10:25 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: new tweeters or composite

i got my Infinity 6412cfp for $48 shipped from www.onlinecarstereo.com

they are a 4x6 plate with a 3" driver and a 1" tweeter. they take a little modification (more like, the speaker grill needs mods) to fit on the drivers side but not much.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:27 PM

a custom car audio shope dose it for me for basicly free, like 10$ per every job(hey it cant be completely free), so hes goon mod them, btut wat would sound better with my current set up tweeters or composites, casue im not sure if i need sime more mid-range or more high-range?

Old 01-23-2008, 10:55 PM
cloak01ls is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Tippman7641

a custom car audio shope dose it for me for basicly free, like 10$ per every job(hey it cant be completely free), so hes goon mod them, btut wat would sound better with my current set up tweeters or composites, casue im not sure if i need sime more mid-range or more high-range?
You should always co with a component set over a coaxial if you have the ability. The signal seperation allows for better clarity and response. Also, the way sound waves roll off any cone shaped other than a circle, it just doesnt sound like it should. So 4x6's, 6x9's 5x7's, IMO should all be replaced with round coaxials or components. All it takes is some slight modifications and the results ar far better than direct swaps...So my advice would be the component plate, or 6.5 midbass in the door with a tweeter in the dash...

Old 01-23-2008, 10:58 PM

so no 4x6 go with reg tweeters? o and what kind of amp do i use for jl w0 10" see i bought them off of a friend for basicly nothing and i thought they were w6's but they are actuall w0's what amp do i need for those?

Old 01-23-2008, 11:07 PM

so no 4x6 go with reg tweeters? o and what kind of amp do i use for jl w0 10" see i bought them off of a friend for basicly nothing and i thought they were w6's but they are actuall w0's what amp do i need for those?
I wouldnt do just tweeters. Either do a 4x6 plate with the 3" mid and tweeter. Or, Get a 6.5" component set and put the midbass in the front door and the tweeter in the dash...

For the 10W0's...IIRC they are 125wrms each, so you will need an amp that does ~250wrms. What is the coil config on the subs?

Old 01-23-2008, 11:09 PM

id have to look, casue i have a 1400w boss amp right now hooked up to them, they arent straining or anything so is this amp ok? o and ill get coil config tommorow

Old 01-23-2008, 11:24 PM

id have to look, casue i have a 1400w boss amp right now hooked up to them, they arent straining or anything so is this amp ok? o and ill get coil config tommorow
Boss wouldnt be my first choice. And I dont understand how you are hooking up an amp without knowing ohm loads. That can be concidered a little carless imo...Also, 1400w is the MAX power on that boss amp. look at the RMS number, that should be the only thing your concerned with...Get me the coil confics and the model# of the amp you have...

Old 01-23-2008, 11:29 PM

one sec

http://www.buy.com/prod/boss-gt680-r...202373546.html

thats one, and i just have it hoocked up let channel-left sub, right channel-right sub

Old 01-24-2008, 06:34 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

those specs dont tell us anything.....

Quick Reply: new tweeters or composite