Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

numbers

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 10:34 PM
strong blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: numbers

oh and thats mhen i start losing pressure dont want to pop any windows been there done that i havent check the numbers since all the stinger equip. has been installed and new head unit either going friday to do so hopefully i'll post numbers when i do jagblazer01 i may been lil modest on numbers ive posted already

Old 05-22-2008, 12:41 PM
The A Team is an unknown quantity at this point

Current daily is a idMax 12V3 D2 on a Zapco ref 750.2 Sq style still burped a 142.7 dB at a dB Drag event.
Last Daily was a DD 9918 with a Crossfire vr4000d did 150.5 dB daily.
Newest project should do 163 dB area daily if not more, and Bass Race 159 area!!! [sm=trust_me.gif]

Old 01-24-2009, 02:45 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Vehicle: 89 s15 jimmy 2dr, Electrical System: stock alt, red top hood, red top cargo, big 3, 1/0 knu, Amplifier(s): 2 strapped saz-1500ds 1 ohm each, Subwoofer(s): 2 15" Fi BL dual 2's loaded, Box: 7.5 cubes net 4" aero ports @ 33Hz, 145.7 sweep tones, ~144 music on dash TL sealed vehicle off. Might build a different box for fun and see if I can get the number up a little more.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:05 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jagblazer01
with what power were you running to those JL's that allowed you to get that number?? Ive never seen a JL setup do over a 146 and that was with a custom box, 2 1000/1's and a lot of 1/0 runs and extra batterys
Originally Posted by jagblazer01
enough said about what??? the dirty power that us amps puts out? or do you wanna talk about how over priced and over hyped JL is??
in my '92 4 door Jimmy, i was hitting 153dB's with a PG Outlaw 1845, running 2 JL 12w6's @ 2 ohms. and still had room in the back for groceries! as for them being over priced & hyped, says who? you?? i never had any problems with them, and ppl said they could hear me 6 blocks away! i ran that set-up for almost 4 years.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:15 AM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Wow a 153, was that legal on a TL, or in the port?

Old 09-23-2009, 12:41 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

on the TL

Old 09-23-2009, 07:59 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

but where was the meter.....port? dash? kick? put up pics and ill believe you.

Right now Im working on building a 155+ daily driver. 6 DD 3512, 1 Sound Digital 12k, walled at the b-pillar

Old 09-23-2009, 03:44 PM
BF Guru

taped to the dash, about half way down the height of the windshield, sitting almost right over the stick (that's.... what.....6 or 7" from the dash).
pic's?.........brother, this was in '99 or 2000, i don't even think i had a camera back then, hahahaha! seriously though, i might have the slip stashed in my collection of s**t somewhere (i've got a bad habit of not throwing stuff out). i'll see if i can find it, and copy it to here.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:10 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

ok that explains your reading then. Back in 99-2000 competitions were not using the TL. The were using the A/C meter which wasnt very accurate and had a sensitivity setting, which if not set correctly would give you a higher reading then you were actually doing.

here is your amp
http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/...d_Outlaw_1845/
you may of been getting 500 watts out of it. The amp itself is very nice

if you were lucky you may of been doing a 145-146dB on an actual TL meter. Not downing you, just showing you how much technology has changed and how inaccurate those meters were

Old 09-24-2009, 01:50 PM
BF Guru

yeah, that's "old skool" for ya. i think it would be a bit more than 145-146, my brother's Dime hits 144.3dB, and he says my truck was louder. but his truck definately has a more "cleaner" sound quaility, guess that's what happens when you stuff 18 speakers into a 1st gen, ext cab Dime.
that's why my Burb is going for balance and quality. don't get me wrong, it's still gonna pound like a mother, just not a bad mother, hahahahaha.

Quick Reply: numbers