Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

numbers

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 03:10 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

put up a build dude. id love to see the burban

Old 09-24-2009, 04:12 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jagblazer01
put up a build dude. id love to see the burban
yeah, i'd love to see it too, hahahaha!
seriously though, i was gonna do it this Summer (my garage barely fits my Burb and Dart, no work room for Winter projects), but have been on lay-off since the first week of June, so not much "play money" kicking around.
i have most of the components needed, but the shallow mount subs i'm looking for are gonna be $$$$.
i've talked to a friend of mine, about doing the dump job on it this winter (i already have everything for that, just need a bigger shop for convenience), maybe i'll squeze in the system too, who knows?
i'll definately be taking pic's galore, did too mant projects in the past without documentation.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:50 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

shallow mounts are too bad on price. check out pioneer and memphis

Old 09-25-2009, 11:44 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

did you mean to say "aren't too bad on price" jagblazer01?

yeah, i'll check them out. not really sure who's shallows i'm gonna run with.

what i have accumulated so far:
PG Outlaw 1845,
Audiobahn A2002T,
pair of 12" Punch P112S4's,
pair of 10" Coustic BP104's,
pair of 8" MA Audio MA80XE's (apparently these things are rated 250W RMS/500W peak!),
3 pairs of 6" MTX XT603's,
pair of RF HPC2246's,
pair of Infinity Kappa 42.7i's,
and a pair of Infinity Kappa 10.9T's.

Question; does anyone have any input about the Coustic subs? a friend of mine gave them to me. i've heard of them, just not framiliar with them. they have a mounting depth of 4 1/2".

well that about sums it up. thanks in advance for any and all input.

Old 09-28-2009, 08:39 AM
BF Veteran

never heard of coustic but from looking at pics online they dont look like they are built very well.

http://www.woofersetc.com/p7061/15SC...-Subwoofer.htm

http://www.woofersetc.com/p5802/TSSW...-Subwoofer.htm

i say if ur gonna do this, do it right the first time and get decent equipment instead of buying garbage and regretting it. I also suggest replacing that Audiobling amp with something a little better and that actually doest rated power

Old 09-28-2009, 09:13 AM
Starting Member
midnightmekanik is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr

Question; does anyone have any input about the Coustic subs? a friend of mine gave them to me. i've heard of them, just not framiliar with them. they have a mounting depth of 4 1/2".
I had a pair of 12's years ago. They are pretty good subs. Only thing is you NEED to run them in a ported box that is built to specs. They have sealed specs as well, I built a sealed box, and the cone tore out of the surround. Looked like those novelty glasses where the eyes come out on the springs lol!

I used the other in a ported box, and the thing bumped all the time. Sold the car, to my knowledge it's still bumping (at least it was a year ago when I heard from the buyer of the car). That from a 15 yr old sub! LOL!!

Old 09-28-2009, 12:55 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by jagblazer01
never heard of coustic but from looking at pics online they dont look like they are built very well.

http://www.woofersetc.com/p7061/15SC...-Subwoofer.htm

http://www.woofersetc.com/p5802/TSSW...-Subwoofer.htm

i say if ur gonna do this, do it right the first time and get decent equipment instead of buying garbage and regretting it. I also suggest replacing that Audiobling amp with something a little better and that actually doest rated power
thanks for the links. those are nice, but i'm looking for 10's (12's are just too big for the doors). i did follow the search on that site for all of the shallow mount subs they offer (got some research to do now), to bad those JL's are so bloody expensive though. you don't think the Audiobahn is that good? i was gonna use it to run the top end of the system only, and remember, i got the Audiobahn & Coustic subs (in a box) for free.

Originally Posted by midnightmekanik
I had a pair of 12's years ago. They are pretty good subs. Only thing is you NEED to run them in a ported box that is built to specs. They have sealed specs as well, I built a sealed box, and the cone tore out of the surround. Looked like those novelty glasses where the eyes come out on the springs lol!

I used the other in a ported box, and the thing bumped all the time. Sold the car, to my knowledge it's still bumping (at least it was a year ago when I heard from the buyer of the car). That from a 15 yr old sub! LOL!!
they sound pretty good in the box they're mounted in. but can't find any spec's on them. they don't look to powerful (small magnet), so maybe i'll just toss them into my Jetta with that Audibahn amp, hahahahaha!