Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

opinions on system

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 07:39 PM
Starting Member
pimpinblazer91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default opinions on system

hey im 16 years old and im putting a system in my 95 4 door blazer. i was just wondering what oyu guys think of this and if i should change any of my ideas. ok so for the head unit im putting a poineer DEHP3900MP. for front door speakers im gonna put infinety 6020cscomponent speakers and im going to put the tweeter in the dash. then for the rears im putting infinety 6022si. im also going to amp all the door speakers with a kicker zx350.4 amp then for subs im just gonna put 2 kicker 10 comp vrs with a kicker zx400.1 amp and then im buying all the wiring kits and all that stuff too but thats just a basic idea what do you guys think??

Old 11-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Mr Blazer LT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: opinions on system

Rear speaker upgrades isn't totally necessary if you have a really good pair of components up front. Why Kicker?

Old 11-02-2007, 08:53 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

You may want to go 12s to balance out the bass. Kickers are good subs, but you still want to be able to grab those growling lows. You'll want to watch your ohms on your speakers too... make sure you are not mixing 8 ohm speakers and 4 ohm speakers front and rear.

I have a stock system with tapped MTX 12s, sealed, on a 800 Orion Mono and they will kick your head off in the back seat. I couldn't have been more happy with a tapped pair of subs. Sounds better than the Clarion system my cuz has going in his Mustang.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Starting Member

yea i didnt really want 2 12s because the seat dosnt reallt sit to high and i dont want the subs sticking up over the seat and i chose kickers cuz there a good cheep product

Old 11-02-2007, 09:04 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

jus tmake sure you angle your tweets about 30 degrees towards you and not angled straight up. I would get some polk speakers over the infinity. Forget the rear speakers and spend the extra money on better speakers up front. Take a look at the polk momos. here is a link.
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=4130

or

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=5543

Old 11-02-2007, 09:06 PM
Starting Member

im not to worried about the prices unless there insane but i need new rears deffently cuz mine are shot ill check out those pulk speakers too

Old 11-02-2007, 09:13 PM
Starting Member

yea bobditts those sr 6500 are way to much money for just speakers lol those momos arent to bad if i get them will i have a problem with the infinitys in the back or with that kicker amp?

Old 11-02-2007, 09:41 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

how often do you have people sitting in your back seat? rear speakers are useless if you are the only one riding in it.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:44 PM
Starting Member

yea i gotcha but im just gonna put them in might as well and im likeing those polk speakers but i think ill need a differnt amp because there 4 ohms right?

Old 11-02-2007, 10:03 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: pimpinblazer91

yea i didnt really want 2 12s because the seat dosnt reallt sit to high and i dont want the subs sticking up over the seat and i chose kickers cuz there a good cheep product
Mine set about two inches below the back of my seat.... but mine is a 4-door... if its a 2-door I think the seat clearance is different.

Quick Reply: opinions on system