Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

phoenix gold speakers

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 02:40 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: phoenix gold speakers

Yep, works good:

Old 01-28-2009, 03:21 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

guys can we get back on topic with help the OP.....no this is better then that or whatever you girlys are fighting over

Old 01-28-2009, 05:41 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

we arent fighting, we are discussing :P Seems like the OP already decided on what he wants. Just like most other threads, the OP asks for advice and then goes and does his own thing anyways. I was just trying to help make the thread more interesting by using my skills as an IASCA judge to help discuss the quality of PGs sound, or lack there of for the most part.

Old 01-28-2009, 06:15 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

[sm=icon_blah.gif]

Old 01-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Wakeup is an unknown quantity at this point

No argument here...just discussing. Someone asked are PG speakers good? In my opinion and my testing/working/playing with I say yes they are decent. Now the question is are there better? Yes sure of course. Is morel the best? yes no?

Anyway bob, the question originally was the Ti sets made by morel....yes or no? That is probably a better question. And yes....they are. I called morel, they were designed by PG and made by morel. And they are BASED off the Elate series. And are almost Identical (says morel.)

So anyway don't want to get in an argument...just stating what I was told. AND what I know...

IASCA or not...whatever floats your boat. Other people's opinions matter too. And as I stated in my comments earlier, PG is not for everyone, just like MB Quart, Focal, Morel or whatever other brands people THINK are good or not good.

I just think it is funny that someone would pick on things without stating any facts...You have no links that say PG gear sux....you just Say it does....I at least answered the OP's question by using my opinions (because I HAVE TRIED IT OWN IT USE IT) And showed links that state facts and opinions about the product.

Anyway I am done here....take it or leave it that is the way it is. I am not here to make people that DON't Like PG to like it. Just answering the OP's questions. Those that are interested in more info or more discussions on car audio, please feel free to PM me or talk to meetc! Have a good day. And Bob no offense was meant to you, so if you feel like I was attacking, I wasn't...just explaining the position of the PG Ti series comps.

Old 01-28-2009, 07:38 PM
deadbuzzard is an unknown quantity at this point

I appreciate everyone's opinions. But between hearing everyone and their opinion with pg i decided to go with another brand. I saw that the subs and things are good but i just dont plan on doing that in the future. Thanks again folks

Old 01-28-2009, 09:02 PM
xmradioguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Honestly if you tried the rsd65 components you would not be disappointed at all.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:38 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

buzzard, the best way to know if you are happy with a certain brand/model or not is to listen to them yourself and compare. You can take our advice all day long, but everyone has different tastes. I try and be unbias towards taste and give advice based on the ability to accurately produce the music at the most realistic levels. I know that has more to do with install than the actual speaker itself, but the speaker choice goes a long way.

wakeup, no offense taken. And just for clarification, the original question was if the PGs ARE morels, not if they were made by them. Ford makes mercury vehicles, doesnt mean that a mercury is a ford. Speaker companies farm out their services to other companies all the time. No big suprise there. Same with general speaker designs. And I never did say that PG sucks. I said they are not good. Good would be companies like alpine, MB quart and JL. Generally speaking ofcourse. PG, sony, Pioneer, and Jensen would all be in the lower category. While Focal, Rainbow, Morel, Scanspeak, etc... would all be in the upper category. Again, just generally speaking. Ofcourse each company has their lower end products and higher end products, but each company has a specific target consumer and focuses most of their product towards that type of person.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:02 PM
Wakeup is an unknown quantity at this point

I tend to disagree that PG is in that LOWER category.I don't know what you base that information off of, but I whole heartedly disagree with that.
If you have some links to some reviews or real world application that states that the PG gear you speak of is of that lower quality, I'd like to see it.

And what PG Speakers are you refering to that are in that lower category or are you just saying PG in general?
You don't back up any of your info. You just state it as if it is the way it is which may be true, but you have no backing so far. All of which seems to be your opinion.
My info is based on my having used/installed/worked with them as well as other reviews that are not my own.

Here's quite a few reviews of the RSD65 comp set.
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264644
In fact this comp set has got so much vibe going it has 20+ pages of info/review/discussion.
http://phoenixphorum.com/rsd-review-...-e-vt2509.html
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=17540
(couple of reviews on the bottom)
http://forum.realmofexcursion.com/sh...ad.php?t=33256
(in that thread there's a bunch of talk again on how these are great.) And are compared w/ and to other decent name brand comps.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:17 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

guys if you wanna debate the PGs can you create a new thread. Debate all you want over there

Quick Reply: phoenix gold speakers