Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

This is poopy.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 06:48 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough
Default This is poopy.

I tried hooking a relay up to my highbeams to get the low beams on at the same time... Doesn't work...

However, now, I've got interference in my stereo!

I thought it might've been the splice I did into the power wire, so I cut that section completely out, and plugged the new end into the fuse holder, and I still have interference!

The ONLY wire I touched that has anything to do with the stereo, was the positive lead... The ground wire I was going to use, isn't in the truck... I'm stumped!

Figured I'd see if anyone's got any ideas before I go crazy, lol... I really don't want static for offroading tomorrow, lol

Old 06-23-2007, 11:50 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: This is poopy.

the only thing that I can think of is maybe you have some wires crossed now. just your moving them around did it. I would pull the HU and recheck all the wiring!

Old 06-24-2007, 06:11 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

But the only wire I touched was the amp power wire, right after the fuse, by the battery, lol

Old 06-24-2007, 07:28 AM
Administrator

oh, thought you were splicing in somewhere else, (i was really tired). what are you getting interference in, all speakers or just your sub amp?

Old 06-24-2007, 06:36 PM
BF Veteran

It was in the speakers... They're powered by a 4 channel amp... Nothing noticable was coming through the sub...

Seems to have fixed itself, though... Nailed a huge bump while 4x4ing and it went away...

Old 06-24-2007, 07:24 PM
Administrator

good to hear. maybe just moved something. dunno. Car electronics are fun!

Old 06-24-2007, 07:33 PM
BF Veteran

Yeah, I double checked the amp grounding... Tightened down the ground nut... it worked itself loose