Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

post pics of that system setup

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 10:38 PM
Beginning Member
jpfencl is on a distinguished road
Default post pics of that system setup

im trying to get ideas for the system im making but i wanted to see what you guys have done with ur setups

Old 10-22-2010, 10:28 AM
Beginning Member
scanlojs is on a distinguished road

i have 2 12'' Alpine type R subs with an 800w amp and 1.0 cap. attached everything to the box an ran my wires up both sides in the back panels, mine is only a 2 door though. have a JVC deck but it doesn't have sub control so i need to get a bass control for under my dash. this is the only pic i have sorry!

Old 10-22-2010, 04:14 PM
Beginning Member
jpfencl is on a distinguished road

i just got done putting in some jl audio 10's and a 1000 watt crunch amp . ill post pics soon i still need to get a cap and figure out how to get the back glass to stop rattling

Old 10-22-2010, 04:37 PM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

caps do more bad than they do good. Might as well wire up a couple double A's.

for the back glass get some weatherstripping for home windows and put a strip along the inside ridge of the glass, sometimes you need to double it up but it will prevent it from rattling/squeeking

pic of mine \/

Last edited by 01vortec; 10-22-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:54 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

polk SR series 10" with SSL 2000 watt mono (700 watt rms) also have a 1600 watt 4 channel soundstorm amp for the 4 6 1/2" polk dbs, 2 4x6 polk db's, and two 6x9 polk mm's

Old 10-22-2010, 10:21 PM
Starting Member
JShark is on a distinguished road

Old 10-24-2010, 04:31 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

here is my 2 door system. i myself have the stupid spare tire in mine and refuse to take it out while it's my daily driver.

I haven't carpeted the box yet either. i'm still trying to decide on what material to use and if i like the ported box or not. it gets loud but i'm a crisp sealed box kind of guy. SPL is awesome and such but i like clear music

And to stop the annoying glass rattle. I went to Kmart and bout the weather stripping and traced it around the glass where it meets the truck. just do 3 sides and you're fine. If you try to do all four with it you'll have issues closing the glass. i have almost 0 glass rattles. i've tried the idea of taping the u bolt but it didn't help so...

Old 10-24-2010, 05:24 AM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MTopper

And to stop the annoying glass rattle. I went to Kmart and bout the weather stripping and traced it around the glass where it meets the truck. just do 3 sides and you're fine. If you try to do all four with it you'll have issues closing the glass. i have almost 0 glass rattles. i've tried the idea of taping the u bolt but it didn't help so...
double the tape up an inch of two on each side of the latch, it'll take some pressure and you'll have to kind of slam the glass for it to latch for awhile, but it will work. Once the tape is compressed enough it will close like it use to without it but still not rattle

Old 10-24-2010, 05:11 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

i tired that and still no luck. mine doesn't really rattle anymore so i'm not too worried. Once in a while i'll get the chatter but with the 3 sides lined i'm set

Old 10-24-2010, 05:24 PM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

i had different issues to deal with than most on here since i have 2 compressors and a 12 gallon air tank in the back also

Quick Reply: post pics of that system setup