Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Power Wire

Old 01-02-2008, 03:56 PM
cyphon21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Power Wire

Ok I did a search with no luck...I have a 1996 Blazer and Im trying to run my power wire into the vehcle to the trunk area to power my amp!....How did you guys get your power wire in??? I can't seem to find a good location at all!! Im also running 0g but either way I should be able to find a way in. Let me know how you guys did it, and if you can get or find pics that would be awsome!!!

Thanks

Old 01-02-2008, 04:44 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Power Wire

serious, what did you put in for your search? theres probably at least 10 threads with good info

Old 01-02-2008, 05:43 PM

Really, I do apologize I didnt know how to word what I wanted haha

could somone link me then?

Old 01-02-2008, 06:38 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

I ran 1/0 in my truck....all i did was run it underneath the truck along the frame rail and drilled up in the back

Old 01-02-2008, 06:46 PM
chevcamls1 is an unknown quantity at this point

i ran my wire thru the fender till the front passenger door then cut a hole in the rubber where the wiresruns from the vehicle to the inside of the doorand then i ran the wire under the carpet away from the rest of the wires so u dont get engine noise make sure to make the hole smaller then the wire so its tight and u dont get water insede of it i recomend doin it on the bottom

Old 01-02-2008, 07:01 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: jagblazer01

I ran 1/0 in my truck....all i did was run it underneath the truck along the frame rail and drilled up in the back
i know a few people that has done it like that, i just not sure if i like it being exposed under the truck, it probably wouls be fine though, my wire is ran through aa whole in the firewall in my passenger floorboard, its under the A/C stuff under the hood, then just ran it under the carpet to the back

Old 01-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

on passenger floor, at top edge of carpet, there is a large grommet that your antenna wire runs through.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:16 PM

ORIGINAL: hillbillyinOhio

on passenger floor, at top edge of carpet, there is a large grommet that your antenna wire runs through.
I saw that, but didnt look big enough or room...hmm

I like the idea of running underneath, i live in canada and i dont know if 1/0g wire would be good in the snowy elements? I mean its heavy duty wire.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:39 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

just so you know, I had three runs of 1/0 through that grommet.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:41 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

its definately big enough

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power Wire