Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Problem with overhead compas

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 08:51 AM
Beginning Member
jeepster82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Problem with overhead compas

I have a 01 blazer, its got a overhead console, It says what direction your going but no temp. All it says is oc, how do I reset this?

Old 01-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Problem with overhead compas

There is likely a problem with the ambient outside temperature sensor which should be located on the hood latch support in the center of the radiator, accessible with the grill removed.

*EDIT* - Adding diagram:

Old 01-19-2009, 09:52 AM
Beginning Member

Thank you, I will check that

Old 01-19-2009, 09:57 AM
Beginning Member

I looked at it, how do I test it? On the display it says oc then CAL and the direction. What does CAL mean?

Old 01-19-2009, 10:03 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

CAL means that the compass needs to be recalibrated.

digital compass and thermometer - runs through the compass recalibration procedure.

As far as testing the ambient temperature sensor... I do not have any values for you. It should decrease in resistance as the temperature increases though.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:12 AM
Beginning Member

thank you

Old 01-19-2009, 10:22 AM
Beginning Member

I calibrated it but it still says oc where the temp goes, Thanks for your help

Old 01-19-2009, 10:31 AM
Administrator

The calibration is only for the compass. The OC means that the there is a problem with the signal from the outside temperature sensor, as previously eluded to.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:41 AM
Beginning Member

Do you think it could just be the sensor?

Old 01-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Very possible. If you have a junkyard close by, snag a replacement and give it a whirl.

Quick Reply: Problem with overhead compas