Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

problems with cd player

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 10:12 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default problems with cd player

i just bought one of these adapters for my Pioneer DEH-7600mp and i cant get it to work. i saw it on crutchfield and thought that i would be able to hook my Zen(mp3 player)up to my cd player. i found one on ebay for $12 and it came in the mail today. everything i read about itsaid that it would let you hook up anything with RCAout into it. i have a basic 3.5mm to RCAout cable which i plugged into the adapter and plugged into the cd player. i figured if i hit the [SOURCE] button on the player it would cycle through CD and then Tuner and then i figured it would go to accessory or auxiliary but it isnt working. it acts as if i hadnt plugged anything into it. the connections are secure and my mp3 player was on and playing music. im just trying to figure out how to hook up my mp3 player. i dont know what is wrong with it so any help would be awesome.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:48 PM
sndro666 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: problems with cd player

See if you can get to the initial setup on the cd player. Sometimes an aux needs to be turned on to be used. I know some Sony's are like that.

Edit: Also, since I install Siruis tuner boxes and Pioneer ipod adapter boxes/cables all the time, I know that the black connector always goes into the tuner box or adapter box and the blue plug goes to the hu. So I would figure that that plug is designed to plug into a box of some sort, and since the boxes can piggy-back off of each other, that just might be the case.

But afterall, having never messed around with that particular plug, I may be wrong, lol.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:15 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

how do i go back to the initial setup?

Old 10-11-2007, 11:17 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

turn the radio off. then hold in the function key. should be in there

Old 10-11-2007, 11:19 PM
BF Veteran

do i need any other equipment or some sort of box like sndr666 said? or should it, in theory, just plug in and work?

EDIT: I just went out and tried and it and what do you know, it worked. plugged it in. held down function and the third tab over was AUX ON.

thanks for the help

Old 10-12-2007, 07:53 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

good to hear.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:11 PM

Awesome. Today I ran into a Pioneer 4800mp with the same issue, lol. It apparently had 2 aux's.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:14 PM
BF Veteran

i have three sets of rca jacks on my cd player and i plugged my Zen into all of them but they are all outputs which is why i bought this adapter

Old 10-12-2007, 10:18 PM

Right, those would be front, rear, and sub rca pre-outs designed for adding amplifiers (if you didn't already know that).

Old 10-12-2007, 11:03 PM
BF Veteran

how hard would it be to add a 4 channel amp to the existing speakers? would i just plug it into the front and rear rca preouts and plug the speakers into it? would i have to rewire my speakers? and while we're on the topic, since it seems like you know quite a bit about this and do it for a living, how many watts do you think an 8ga cable could safely handle and how hard would it be to rewire to a 4gaor 2ga. ihave an 8ga cable underneath the carpet all the way back

Quick Reply: problems with cd player