Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

PS2 Installation...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 10:59 PM
cloak01ls is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: PS2 Installation...

looks pretty good man. I like the sub install too...

p.s. You can resize your pics in photobucket. 800x600 or 640x480 isbest for forum use...

Old 01-31-2008, 11:57 PM
navyblue_sk8er is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I feel ya on the not wanting to rip the airbag out, thats why I never did it. That and in reality I'd never really use that much. All the work I did to install my buddies for him and he never uses it. Oh well. But goodluck on your install.

Old 02-01-2008, 12:03 AM
cloak01ls is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I get pretty bored on my lunch breaks and I think this will bea good way to pass the time. Also it will double as a DVD player for roadtrips...I'll be sure to share some pics when I get done with everything...

Old 02-01-2008, 12:49 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

awsome man....i was gonna do that with my truck...but when i got to thinking about it i think im gonna mount a 26" tv in the rear with my amp rack and run a Wii

Old 02-01-2008, 03:40 PM
oakleyg is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: cloak01ls

ORIGINAL: oakleyg
Is it a slim ps2?
Im not sure, I havent purchased one yet. The big ones are cheaper, Im just not sure it will fit in that compartment. It's probably going to be a slimline because I have to put the power inverter in there with it and hopefully still have room to stow the controllers when not in use...
Well if I were you I would find a used slim, because then you dont have to run an inverter since they take like 7v dc or something like that. And you can buy a cable for them that plugs into your cig lighter, and you could just splice that into your amp power cable or whatever. The only bad thing about the slim is that the top flips up to put thedisc inso you cant really put it under anything unless you want to pull it out every time.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:59 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

they do make extensions for the cords on the controls i have 2 of them

Old 02-02-2008, 08:32 AM
chevcamls1 is an unknown quantity at this point

its not woth ripping the airbag off

Old 02-02-2008, 10:41 AM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree, i would definately not rip out the airbag to put it in, i have been planning on getting mine put in for over a year now but just haven't done it, i have everything i need except the work ethic, i am going to put mine in the cubby hole in the back floor board. i got a psp now so i am not in any hurry to get in

Old 02-02-2008, 01:04 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

The big ps2's are better for the sake of the cooling fan. Plus the slim lines are a flip top, not sure how you would mount that. The slim lines heat up faster because of the almost non-existent cooling fan, if there even is one. I have had a original ps2 since they came out and not a single problem. A buddy of mine has had a slim line for half the amount of time and has problems starting with it and might have to buy a new one.I think it would look cool if you got entensions for the controllers and mounted the ends in the center console where the change holder is. On the other hand, the wireles controllers would give it that "hidden" look so noone will know that you have a ps2 in there.

My ps2 wireless controllers work through walls, so I think you'll be good with the back compartment.

Old 02-02-2008, 01:48 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

PS2=outdated

why not a ps3?

Quick Reply: PS2 Installation...