Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

ps2/inverter install

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Beginning Member
rkilgore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ps2/inverter install

Hello,
I'm looking into doing a inverter/ps2 install in my 2000 chevy blazer..Would i be better off buying a pure sine wave inverter vs a modified one?I was concerned about clarity and noise problems with a modified sine wave,I never bought one before but just concerned..I want to put a ps2 slim line in my blazer..Would that be better than the other ps2?Any idea where i can put the ps2?I want a nice and clean install,I just don't have alot of room.

Thanks!

Old 07-08-2008, 12:09 AM
oakleyg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: ps2/inverter install

You don't need an inverter for a slim ps2 because they take DC power anyways, you can just buy a cable that plugs into your cig lighter.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:11 AM
myol blue4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah its very easy to install and hook a slim ps2 up. I had mine going to an inverter b/c I wanted everything hidden like wires and so forth plus I wanted an inverter. Also I had mine underneith my rear seats for better access for opening the ps2.

Old 07-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks!! I'm going to start getting all my parts..Can i use a 200 watt inverter?..Can i get away with a modified sine wave?

Old 07-08-2008, 05:07 PM
eshballa5 is an unknown quantity at this point

well the slim ps2 takes like 8 or 9 Vdc to power it. Running it off of your cigarrette lighter would give you anywheres from 12Vdc to 14Vdc. I wouldn't trust it. The old school fat ones are able to modify the power supply to run off of 12Vdc

Old 07-08-2008, 05:19 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks! I was going to best buy and get the 200 watt vector inverter and run it to my battery,I might just get the older ps2..I was wondering about how to mount the pas2..Can it go in my console? Any place that you could think of that would be out the way?

Old 07-08-2008, 07:03 PM
myol blue4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well depending on which one you get, you have to take into concideration that the slim ps2 opens up top while the older one has the slide out disk tray. Anywhere is possible to mount it with the right modifications and effort.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:11 PM
2drblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

you should but 2 psps in ur blazer they are alot better and the same price the have wifi and skype you can also take them out of your truck and run them through a tv

Old 07-08-2008, 07:16 PM
oakleyg is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: eshballa5

well the slim ps2 takes like 8 or 9 Vdc to power it. Running it off of your cigarrette lighter would give you anywheres from 12Vdc to 14Vdc. I wouldn't trust it. The old school fat ones are able to modify the power supply to run off of 12Vdc
The adapter for the cig lighter converts the 12-14v to the voltage that the ps2 needs. Why convert DC-AC-DC power when you can just do DC-DC.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks for everyones help,I got some ideas from the post that i read from each of you,I will start getting everything together.

Quick Reply: ps2/inverter install