Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Question about speakers and deck

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 09:44 PM
Chadoo951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question about speakers and deck

Hey guys,
I have a pioneer deck that puts out 50 watts for 4 channels. But today, I was just looking around on youtube for fun and ran randomly into a DIY tutorial that shows how to install dash speakers on my year chevy blazer. At first I was like, no way. Because I had already bought a deck and four new 6 1/2 inch speakers and installed them myself a while ago. But didnt buy any 4X6's because, I never knew that there was a space for them! lol.

So my question was, like I said, I have a deck that puts out 50 watts for 4 channels. And I assume that those channels are the four 6 1/2 inch speakers for the doors. But now that I found out that there is spots for 4X6's, I want to put some in there. Will the 4X6's be a waste of money and not work. Or will they work and sound better.

Thanks guys!
Chad

Old 10-03-2007, 10:22 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: Question about speakers and deck

wow i didn't know that either. thats now at the top of my upgrade list.

EDIT: if anybody has suggestions on some good 4x6 speakers please let me know. i have pioneer 3ways up front and blaupunkt 2ways in the back

Old 10-03-2007, 11:32 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

IMO, you would be better off getting a component set and putting the tweets up there. you will only really get highs from that position on the dash, and you would have to wire them up with the front door speakers and some decks do not like having a 2 ohm load applied to them.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:01 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

well i have already replaced all the other speakers and those paper tweeters in the dash are in horrible condition and i can hear them crackling and popping. will i have to rewire for the 4x6 in the dash or can i simply use the existing wires?

Old 10-04-2007, 10:46 AM
c_seberg is an unknown quantity at this point

you'll have to check the depth mount. I was looking into this with my 97 blazer and was having a little trouble finding the right 4X6. I just went with the new door speakers. Best of luck to you.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:10 AM
Chadoo951 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: c_seberg

you'll have to check the depth mount. I was looking into this with my 97 blazer and was having a little trouble finding the right 4X6. I just went with the new door speakers. Best of luck to you.
When you said that you went with the new door speakers, do you mean that you just put 61/2 inchers up there?
Is that possible and will it work/fit

And to the other post, I alrady have bought all new aftermarket speakers for the doors. So I dont think that I am going to go buy more new speakers just so that I can get tweeters.

And my original question was, will I be able to put 4X6's up there, with my 4 channel deck? and them actually be funtional?

Old 10-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Administrator

he was saying he just decided to replace the door speakers. you will have to get a plate 4x6 speaker. others will not fit without some modification and the plates are pushing it anyways. I already answered the question about running if off of your deck. wiring will be up there.

Old 10-05-2007, 07:39 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

my 4x6 plate works fine. Im running 6 speakers off my pioneer......but the 4x6's is where I get the most distortion, If i were you id look for something with a crossover......or get bass blockers.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:47 AM
Starting Member
jimbosv650 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just replaced my dash speakers a few days ago. I got some Infinity 4x6 plates and they sound really crisp and clear. I dont have any distortion but thats probably because my Sony hu has a DSO option which is similar to a high-pass crossover I guess. I'm running 6 speakers off of my 52watt x 4 radio. The two 4x6's, two Pioneer 6.5 four ways, and the stockers in the rear. No matter how loud I have my sub running, the highs come through crystal clear.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: jimbosv650

I just replaced my dash speakers a few days ago. I got some Infinity 4x6 plates and they sound really crisp and clear. I dont have any distortion but thats probably because my Sony hu has a DSO option which is similar to a high-pass crossover I guess. I'm running 6 speakers off of my 52watt x 4 radio. The two 4x6's, two Pioneer 6.5 four ways, and the stockers in the rear. No matter how loud I have my sub running, the highs come through crystal clear.
the lack of distortion is due to the rear speakers being factory.

Quick Reply: Question about speakers and deck