Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Questions about 01 LT model

Old 11-14-2006, 02:42 AM
budwsr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Questions about 01 LT model

Hi all newbie here and I need a lil help.
I have an 01 Blazer LT w/ onstar but w/out the bose system ( at least I don't think it is)
I want to wire up a sub and a pioneer deck (DEH-P740MP, I know it's an older deck but it's paid for and it does what I need it to do)
I have heard that I need a wiring harness that will run me about 100 bucks just for the wiring harness. ( for the onstar stuff and chimes etc.)
My question is 2 part I like the fact that I can turn off my blazer and still listen to the radio and would like to keep that function is there a wiring harness that will allow me to this for less than the 100 bucks if so does anyone have a link?
My 2nd part to this question is I believe there is a factory amp in the LT model can I run the aftermarket radio to this amp as well as another amp and sub if so how and will this put too much of a burden on my battery and alternator?
Thank you in advance
Randy

Old 11-14-2006, 03:37 AM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Questions about 01 LT model

Question 1: Honestly im not sure if they have a specific Wiring harness just for ones with Onstar..... I would think it would be an extra wire cause onstar will play through the speakers and of course the microphone for you to respond to them. Pat might know about that one

Question 2: Yes you can run a seperate amp. we all do. I have the factory amp along with my 2500D and its fine....

Now.... The burden on the alternator will come at a certain wattage pull. There is a post around here I made to determine the pull on your alternator.

EDIT:
https://blazerforum.com/m_43815/tm.htm

Theres the post. Fairly self explanitory on the calculation. But dont be afraid to ask a question about it. It's how we all learn

Old 11-14-2006, 08:22 PM
budwsr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Questions about 01 LT model

Does anyone know about the wiring harness?