Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

r there audio,video plugs on stock 2001 radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 08:28 PM
Beginning Member
citylineblazer is on a distinguished road
Default r there audio,video plugs on stock 2001 radio

to plug in a ipod or what is the easies way to do it without a new radio?????

Old 01-31-2011, 10:15 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

FM transmitter. But after 5 minutes you'll want to return it from all the static you'll get.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:25 AM
Blazers.B.Kewl is an unknown quantity at this point

FM transmitter is the absolute cheapest option. But you'll be dissappointed with it more than likely. Static all the time, and it's battery operated. May as well save the $20 it'll cost you and build up some cash to get a better stereo with the hookups you want. they can be had at wally world for around $80 (on the cheap side). Even the cheap ones aren't so bad though. As long as you're not looking to be the big bad-a$$ that makes his whole truck shake going down the street.
If you have a cassette deck in your stereo you're in luck because you can just get the cassette adapter to plug in anything with an audio jack. No batteries needed!

Last edited by Blazers.B.Kewl; 01-31-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:08 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Crutchfield has an iPod adaptor that wires right into any '94 to '02 GM radio.

now to find it....................

***edit*** here ya go.

this one does select 2000 & up GM factory radios.

this one does select '94 to '02 GM factory radios.

not cheap products, but hopefully that'll help you out.

Last edited by old skool luvr; 01-31-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:15 PM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

http://www.crutchfield.ca/Peripheral.../541ISGM73.htm

^^^ This?
Seems expensive to just adapt an ipod to a GM stock stereo when it's generally more beneficial to upgrade the entire head unit to something compatible for USB and ipod/iphone docking.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:53 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

For the price of the adapter, which may not even work I wouold suggest just buying a new head unit with AUX IN jack or iPod capability. USB port is nice as well.

I tried a PIE adapter on my Blazer and ended up buying a $200 head unit instead... Stereo sounds much better with the HU.. didn't notice much of a difference in my Sierra with the same unit though.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:20 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough
Old 01-31-2011, 04:56 PM
Beginning Member

my stock has a aux button but how do i use it

Old 01-31-2011, 05:24 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

The AUX input is for either a OEM CD Changer or Exteranal Cassette. You can buy the an IPOD adapter that utilizes the AUX input. See the link below. The direct input modified radio plays your ipod when you plug in the device and it overrides the tuner. For me with the factory BOSE with Cassete and CD Changer if i use the Ipod adapter listed below I lose the CD Changer but if I get my radio modifed with an AUX in jack then I can plug my IPOD in and still retain the CD Changer. The AUX selector on the radio has nothing to do with a modified radio with the jack added to the face of the radio. See the two links I provided previously.

http://usaspec.com/product.php?ProductID=25

Old 01-31-2011, 05:55 PM
Beginning Member

thanks buddy i think im just gonna get a new head unit. i have a bigger prom. my truck only gets 12.5 a gal i think its the evap canister could it b ???????

Quick Reply: r there audio,video plugs on stock 2001 radio