Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Rear Hatch?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 11:56 PM
Beginning Member
FireRed2000 is on a distinguished road
Default Rear Hatch?

So i know this might have been brought up many times before but i have a 2000 chevy blazer 4 door and i have a stereo system (2 kicker 12's w/1000w amp) and my back hatch rattles really bad well im thinking about sound deadners for the hatch it self maybe it will help. But how do i stop the pop open window from rattling? Thanks in advance for your input/help!

Thanks,
Nick

Old 04-13-2010, 07:48 AM
Starting Member
JShark is on a distinguished road

be proud of your flex boy! at least your roof aint rattlin! haha i had that problem at first but i got used to it. at my work, the door use to slam really hard in back so we took 1/4 inch wide rubber pieces with glue on the back and put 3 or 4 pieces about 2 inches long around where the door hits. maybe you could do something like that only bad thing is rain maybe, and changing them out every 6 months.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:46 PM
mhsteele is on a distinguished road

i used tape. just wrap it around the U shaped metal on the window. thats a temp. fix

Old 04-14-2010, 02:23 AM
Beginning Member
FireRed2000 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JShark
be proud of your flex boy! at least your roof aint rattlin! haha i had that problem at first but i got used to it. at my work, the door use to slam really hard in back so we took 1/4 inch wide rubber pieces with glue on the back and put 3 or 4 pieces about 2 inches long around where the door hits. maybe you could do something like that only bad thing is rain maybe, and changing them out every 6 months.
Thanks man, and idk if i wanna go gluing rubber there but ill keep it in mind

Originally Posted by mhsteele
i used tape. just wrap it around the U shaped metal on the window. thats a temp. fix
yea because i think all the rattle is in the locking mechinism ill have to try something

Old 04-22-2010, 02:44 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Ok, i'm late to the thread but... i used the window insulation tape that you can buy at Kmart, Target, or walmart. I bought the 1/4 inch stuff and did a loop around my rear window (i'm a 2 door so my rear hatch folds down) and it does the trick. And, because its window insulation, its made to deal with water, i've had it for the last year and there is no deterioration, plus its like $3 for a 20 foot roll of the stuff

Old 04-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Starting Member
DSMayo is on a distinguished road

My hatch used to rattle like crazy too. I used the cloth style hockey stick wrap and put a few layers around the U-shaped latch on the glass and that did the job. I also put the soft side of self adhesive velcro around the jack cover in the rear and it stopped squeaking. I still have about 400 more noises to tend to...

Old 04-23-2010, 08:36 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MTopper
I bought the 1/4 inch stuff and did a loop around my rear window (i'm a 2 door so my rear hatch folds down) and it does the trick.

so it'd be a tail gate then Topper. and the 4 doors came like that as well.

just a little FYI for ya.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:32 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
so it'd be a tail gate then Topper. and the 4 doors came like that as well.

just a little FYI for ya.
hold up,

this is what i mean by folds down

this is the 4 door tailgate i'm referring to

don't pay attention to the fugly 4 door i stole the picture from

Old 04-24-2010, 05:46 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

hold up,

this is what i mean by folds down

right. and that's a tailgate. (like on a p/u).

this is the 4 door tailgate i'm referring to

and that is a liftgate. (notice how it lifts to open ).

don't pay attention to the fugly 4 door i stole the picture from

don't be hatin' 'cause it's a 4 door. yur just jell-ous 'cause it's a sweeter ride!

luv them rear suicide's.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:42 AM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

I want the suicides on the front. That would be funny to see peoples faces when you get out lol. As for the rattle. I just turn it up lol. Mines not bad yet anyway lol

Quick Reply: Rear Hatch?