Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Roof mounted lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 11:36 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Roof mounted lights

Was wanting to add some lights on my roof.

Just seeing if anyone has done it or any info or links.

I thought you could just bolt them to the roof rack thing that slides back and forth. maybe even mount 2 backwards for reverse lights.

we have liquidation stores around that have a few varieties for fairly cheap, anything that I should look for, wattage output?

anything specific to stay away from?

this question is right up drperry's ally

Old 11-16-2007, 01:49 PM
Zed
Zed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Roof mounted lights

I mounted them to the roof rack on my 1st gen , have a look at my sig ..

Zed

Old 11-16-2007, 02:23 PM
coplinb is an unknown quantity at this point

i also mounted some on my roof rack of my 01. i just drilled some holes through it and poof, lights. never really ran the wires any cool way, just through the racks and into my door, under the trim and up to a toggle on the dash. later i got bored, spliced the power wire to run to a momentary contact switch so i could flash them for a sec. got bored with the look so i took them off. i had a nice set on the bumper of my old 2002 ranger that i mounted to the bumper.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:52 PM
Zasder is an unknown quantity at this point

I have 2 up there right now and it looks ok....I just bought 2 more because 4 looks a whole lot better.

I just ran the wires for the two through the roof rck and into my door, the two racks that go across are hollow so you can easily run wires through there.

I bought the pepboys wiing kit for 5 dollars with a fuse, switch, wires, twist ties...

Old 11-17-2007, 09:55 AM
BF Veteran

ya, i just went and checked out this place and they have a few different kinds.
$29 for 2 or they had ones with a nice ss housing for $17 each.

Old 11-17-2007, 10:20 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I've got two 100w lights on my roof rack, ran the wires all sexy and stuff to the tailgate, down the into the cabin, and along the roofline, back up to the a pillar, down to the firewall, into the engine bay. took a wholleeee lot of time, but it looks completely stock inside..and outside you just see a wire dissappearing into the body

I found you really get what you pay for though. I had those Baja runner lights or w/e from adavance, and they were like puttin on fog lights, completely useless IMO. I upgrade to IPF 868s ($130 or so) because theyre rectangular which I thought looked pretty sweet with the general rectangular theme goin on with the blazer, and 100 watters in em go wayyyy past the brights and much wider than the standard beam pattern

Old 11-17-2007, 10:41 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I've seen some mounted up on the roof rack with some magnet mounts. I think I remember a_tack mentioning he had them, but I haven't seen him around here. Does anyone know where I can score some of the magnets. I want to put four lights identical to the ones on my westin bar on the roof rack in the spring.

Old 11-17-2007, 10:49 PM
Idriveachevy is an unknown quantity at this point

Zed, i have never seen your truck on here before, and after seeing the picture, im driving up to ontario, and when your truck is missing, dont blame me...... that is a sweet *** truck.

Old 11-18-2007, 09:33 AM
Dabber is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^^^HAHAHAHAHA Good luck finding him Idriveachevy I live in the Niagara Region as well and I drive all over the place, I think I spotted his Zed once because his Black truck with Areos on it stands out pretty good. But he was headed the opposite way.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:50 AM
BF Veteran

indeed, that is one kick *** blazer...do i smell a ROTM winner?

anyone have some links to any lights that will ship to canada?

Quick Reply: Roof mounted lights