Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

second alt / battery?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 02:08 PM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default second alt / battery?

Heres one for ya all. I have a second battery to put in the back for the audio system. i was also thinking of putting in a second alternator for that battery. Is that needed or can the stock alt work for this? Also, i have heard about 3 was to connect the batteries on a single alt. What is the proper way to connect it? Thanks peeps.

Old 07-21-2006, 03:13 PM
Default RE: second alt / battery?

bump.

Old 07-21-2006, 03:26 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

if you run dual batteries you will need to get an isolator and most likely upgrade ur alternator to a 200-250 amp alternator.

this is what im running
Stinger-200-Amp-Battery-Relay-Isolator - eBay

*EDIT by swartlkk* - fixed your long link for ya

Old 07-21-2006, 04:06 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: boomtruck97

bump.
Please don't BUMP a thread after only 65 minutes man. There should be NO need to bump a thread even after 12-24 hours. That is just sheer impatients at it's best.

Old 07-21-2006, 05:52 PM

the other reason i asked was because a guy i know just ran a 0 gauge from his regular battery to secondary to wire them in parrelel. he has never had a problem from this and is also using the stock altinator in a civic. can i just do that? wouldnt it act almost as a big capacitor in a sense?

Old 08-01-2006, 12:54 PM
xtucking22s is an unknown quantity at this point

You certainly dont NEED to isolate the second battery. Im going to put two extra batteries in my truck soon and Im going to just run them all in parrallel. Only isolate if u wanna run electronics with the engine off and if you kill the battery you still have your original battery fully charged. So when the car is off, you arent pulling power from both batteries. ANd dont bother with 2 alternators, just get a high outut one, i got a 275 amp one.

Old 08-01-2006, 01:10 PM

does anyone know what the stock alt for a 92 blazer puts out? And how much is a bigger one? i want to know were im starting to know were to go. Thanks Xt22.

im having a few issues finding an alt. were did you guys get yours? Do you know what the model i need is? but i did find one that custom build alts up to 500 amp.

Old 08-01-2006, 01:28 PM
xtucking22s is an unknown quantity at this point

stock one is going to be 95-105 amps. I forget where i got mine, it was somewhere online.

Old 08-01-2006, 02:21 PM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about

Excessive Amperage

Great guy to get an alternator through. ALL the car stereo people on ROE use his and no problems yet. I believe fatryan got one from him too.

Old 08-01-2006, 03:14 PM

ok, how about fuses? do i need to fuse between batteries? or just straight connect. i didnt fuse a wire once and that turned out badly.

Quick Reply: second alt / battery?