Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

security

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 07:28 PM
2kblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default security

does anybody know where i can get a remote start security system. Im not sure which ones fit the 2000 s10 blazer. And i dont jus want a remote starter. I want a whole security system.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: security

Directed.com

Are you planning on putting it in yourself or having it professionally done?

Old 08-22-2008, 09:47 AM

proffesionally

Old 08-22-2008, 09:57 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Directed makes good stuff. I would call around to some local install shops and ask them what they install, their prices, etc.

Old 08-22-2008, 02:52 PM

yea
thats wat im plannin on doin
or i might jus buy tha system then bring it to them to install it

Old 08-22-2008, 02:52 PM

which is the best company?
ive heard a lot about viper and python

Old 08-22-2008, 04:56 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

I have The Viper 5900 on my 99 blazer. Its an awsome alarm. The remote has a screen that shows you if your alarm has been activated. It also shows you if a window was broken and which door was opened. It trasmits back to you up to a mile away. The remote start has a range up to a mile aswelland it also shows you when it is engaged. Check it out on there website.

Old 08-23-2008, 01:32 AM

i was looking at that and the Viper 7900... How much did the 5900 set you back?

Old 08-23-2008, 02:07 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Python 872

You'll get charged out the if you try to take your alarm to a shop and get it installed. That is, if the shop will even touch it since it wasn't purchased there. I'd say run by your nearest CCity and ask the installers some questions...see if they're competent. If so, let them do the install. A full remote start with security system will run you at least $300. The nice thing about buying CCity, is that the prices include installation. Actually...to activate the manufacturer's warranty on the python products, they have to be installed by us.

A system like that Viper, or the comprarable Python 990...those remotes are huge. And bulky. And huge. The newer 872 is slim, lightweight, and pretty . The only difference is half mile range instead of 1 mile. But will you ever really rem. start from a mile away?

Old 08-23-2008, 11:33 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

I have the Viper5900. The remote looks big but it really isn't after a while of it being on your keys.

Rather than buy one at a local shop, I bought the Viper online with the intent to install it myself. It ended up being a much larger task than I wanted to deal with and it was hard to find a shop that would install it for me. Most of them carry different brands or they'll say that they won't guarantee anything since it's not one of the main brands they use.

The cheapest price around here for a comparable remote start/security like the Python 990 or Viper 5900 was around $500. I got the alarm for $200 and installation for $200 so I ended up saving a little money but it would be a wise choice to call around and ask a few different places before you buy anything online.

Quick Reply: security