Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Sexy tweeter install

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 02:30 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

i've thought about doing similar with the mounting of mine but using the flush mounting cup that allows you to angle the tweeter however you choose every day haha. but i went the easy way and just mounted them in the door card angled at the opposite head rest.

all the above people were just giving you opinions and suggestions. some don't sugar coat it like others which will make it sound like attitude and what not. so read everything and let it go is how i do it. people didn't like my install so i said "whatever, not your truck" in my head and let it go

Old 01-23-2011, 04:36 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

well some of them never have anything positive to say

Old 01-23-2011, 04:56 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey if it works for you, you like it, then screw everyones opinon. Its your truck man. But this forum is a lot nicer than some other forums I used to be a member of so take it as constructive critizim and brush it off.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:00 AM
Beginning Member
dwhittaker is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MTopper
i've thought about doing similar with the mounting of mine but using the flush mounting cup that allows you to angle the tweeter however you choose every day haha. but i went the easy way and just mounted them in the door card angled at the opposite head rest.

all the above people were just giving you opinions and suggestions. some don't sugar coat it like others which will make it sound like attitude and what not. so read everything and let it go is how i do it. people didn't like my install so i said "whatever, not your truck" in my head and let it go
yes exactly why mine went up top. with the pivot options, i couldn't have very good access to them, nor would it sound as good being shoved further down. all i know is i like it. and it sounds amazing. the end. and thanks.

Old 01-24-2011, 04:59 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

something i thought of doing is buying some star board and cutting it to the size of the dash grilles. then cutting the hole out of that so i can keep the stock pieces and not try to junkyard some replacements. That way i can return it to stock when i sell the truck in a few years. i'm no master of audio but i do know what sounds good to me and thats all i care about. i don't compete, i don't show off my work to random people and i just do it for myself. So my advice is to just state what you did, how you did it, and let the comments fly.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:42 AM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

you're pretty crazy if you think a peice of plastic with holes all over in it is going to restrict that much sound.

if you're worried about imaging, the stock location isn't anywhere near where you want the tweeter placed anyways.

Old 01-25-2011, 03:38 PM
BF Veteran

answered your own question. that much sound is exactly it. then you can also angle them where ever you want.

maybe not optimal, might help.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:23 PM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by blazinloud
answered your own question. that much sound is exactly it. then you can also angle them where ever you want.

maybe not optimal, might help.
I did not answer my own question, did you even read my post?

It's hard to answer your own question when I never asked one.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:44 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

alright guys...chill out. keep it civilized or I will close this thread

Old 01-25-2011, 09:10 PM
BF Veteran

'if i think' are questionable enough words for me......?

Quick Reply: Sexy tweeter install